475 Regional Visa change (april 2009): No IT Skill in SA. It's true?

Guest Roberto

Guest Roberto

Hi guys,

No IT Skill in SA..... It's true? :arghh:

My Immigration Agent told that.. could someone in this is correct?

I'm searching in SA web site o Australian government but I don't find nothing about this.

could help me to better understand?:wacko:

thank you

Roberto

Guest Denise Casey

Hi Roberto,

Unfortunately the IT related occupations are not on the skills lists for 475 or 176 for SA. The good news is that certain IT occupations are in demand in NSW, QLD, VIC and ACT. If you e-mail me what is your exact occupation I could help you with more information.

Regards,

Denise

Guest Roberto

Hi Denise,

pls, see in mailbox forum.

thx!

Robert

Hi Roberto,

Unfortunately the IT related occupations are not on the skills lists for 475 or 176 for SA. The good news is that certain IT occupations are in demand in NSW, QLD, VIC and ACT. If you e-mail me what is your exact occupation I could help you with more information.

Regards,

Denise

Guest harper210267

We're going the 175 route, as my hubby's occupation is on this list, mine's on both but better to do it on his, as he is the most qualified...

Who's your agent?:v_SPIN:

Guest Roberto

Hi harper21021967, (it's a good year!):)

In this moment I have got much contacts and related proposals (always 475 in SA...)

but nothing confirmed.. I've some dubt about visa options.

I don't have a degree in IT, but I'm working since 1991 in IT (security & system administrator).

My frist step may be the "ACS Skill Assestment", after this I can choose visa options.

I don't know 175 but 120 point is a must (or not?) while 475 I can stop at 100...

bye

robert 06-05-1967 :D

We're going the 175 route, as my hubby's occupation is on this list, mine's on both but better to do it on his, as he is the most qualified...

Who's your agent?:v_SPIN:

Guest harper210267

Hi I meant a 475, sorry. Too many acronyms/numbers with this.

However the 475 is only temp and you have to apply for your permanent visa after 2 years, when you're out there, I think??

Oh well not long to go now before we go to the agent on the 1st May and we'll know more then.

Guest Roberto

Hi,

yes is true, you must apply for your permanent after 2 years, but:

1) with 475 you must have only 100 point

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/475/

2) with 475 after 2 years you must apply to a dedicated visa 888 (very simply visa)

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/887/

good luck to you and your family

robert

Hello Robert

May I suggest that you start by sending your detailed CV to Peter Chiam of Ptlabs Consulting:

http://ptlabs.com.au/

Peter is widely regarded as "the genuine expert" when it comes to assisting would be applicants for skilled visas based on IT occupations. He does not charge for an initial assessment, is based in Sydney and is fully registered with the Australian Migration Agents Registration Authority:

http://www.themara.com.au/Online/ARShowAgent.asp?AgentID=0427067&DeptID=140&IKeyword=Chiam%2A&ISearchType=1&ISearchFor1=1&ISearchFor2=

Agents in Australia frequently charge significantly less than their counterparts outside Australia and agents in Australia do not have to add GST to their fees when acting for an overseas client. (GST is Goods & Services Tax, the Australian equivalent of VAT in the UK or TVA in France.)

The first thing you need to do is work out where to get a skills assessment from and what as. Once that side of things is under control then you can start working out your visa options, I would suggest.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Roberto

Hi Gill,

thank you, I'm sending a email to Peter..

great job :)

I hope to meet you for a fresh beer.. (obviously in AU)

cheers

robert

Hello Robert

May I suggest that you start by sending your detailed CV to Peter Chiam of Ptlabs Consulting:

http://ptlabs.com.au/

Peter is widely regarded as "the genuine expert" when it comes to assisting would be applicants for skilled visas based on IT occupations. He does not charge for an initial assessment, is based in Sydney and is fully registered with the Australian Migration Agents Registration Authority:

http://www.themara.com.au/Online/ARShowAgent.asp?AgentID=0427067&DeptID=140&IKeyword=Chiam%2A&ISearchType=1&ISearchFor1=1&ISearchFor2=

Agents in Australia frequently charge significantly less than their counterparts outside Australia and agents in Australia do not have to add GST to their fees when acting for an overseas client. (GST is Goods & Services Tax, the Australian equivalent of VAT in the UK or TVA in France.)

The first thing you need to do is work out where to get a skills assessment from and what as. Once that side of things is under control then you can start working out your visa options, I would suggest.

Best wishes

Gill