475 or 176 What's the difference?

Guest covfan71

Guest covfan71

Hi guys, this may sound a silly question, but apart from the fact that one is Permanent and one is Temp, what is the difference when deciding which one to apply for. I was advised to go for the 475 but seem to meet the criteria for the 176 as well being as i have already got sponsorship.

Guest Dave & Carole

YOu may think you meet the critera, but check carefully. There are two different lists for sponsorship. Some jobs are on 475 list & some on the 176 list - very few are on both.

We were also advised to go for a 475 - but after a monumental cockup by our agent we may now end upgoing down the 176 route - but are awaiting new sponsorship to see if that's possible.

Hope that helps.

Carole

Guest covfan71
YOu may think you meet the critera, but check carefully. There are two different lists for sponsorship. Some jobs are on 475 list & some on the 176 list - very few are on both.

We were also advised to go for a 475 - but after a monumental cockup by our agent we may now end upgoing down the 176 route - but are awaiting new sponsorship to see if that's possible.

Hope that helps.

Carole

hi, thanks for that. I have just looked at the lists again and realised my mistake. Hope you get yours sorted though. I wouldn;t be happy with your agent

Guest Dave & Carole

No probelm - easy mistake to make...for us normal people, but that's the point of employing an agent. We aren't at all happy but figure we'll wait until they sort out a visa (fingers & everything else crossed!!!) - then we'll discuss refund of our payment to them!

Good luck with the 475 - they seem to be whipping through them fairly quickly.

& good luck with the arrival of your bump - could be imminent I guess :)

Guest covfan71
No probelm - easy mistake to make...for us normal people, but that's the point of employing an agent. We aren't at all happy but figure we'll wait until they sort out a visa (fingers & everything else crossed!!!) - then we'll discuss refund of our payment to them!

Good luck with the 475 - they seem to be whipping through them fairly quickly.

& good luck with the arrival of your bump - could be imminent I guess :)

Thanks, could arrive any day now. Just wish it would hurry up and arrive.

We originally had an agent from the sponsorship process and after telling him we couldn't move until next Sept, he worked out a timescale for us and told us to submit our application Easter 09. He obviously didn't realise about the change in the processing times (or it was just poor planning on his part) and it now looks as though our Visa will arrive far to early and we will have to make an additional trip just to activate it. He is no longer our agent.

Hope you Visa arrives soon. No doubt we may meet up eventually at one of the Meets PIA have.

Mark