Flights booked!!

Guest familygood

Guest familygood

Well after much research about car seats, baggage allowance etc etc we have finally booked with Cathay Pacific for Jan 16th 2010!!! Very exciting!! They were far the cheapest - nearly £300 cheaper then Singapore Airlines who would have been our preference but with those savings who can argue?!!

Got a bit of a wait in Hong Kong but will be glad of it to let the 'monster' stretch her legs for a while. Any ideas on what's there to keep occupied?

Seems like a long time away but know it will go in a flash! So many other things to sort out now but just nice to have a definite date in our heads.

Well after much research about car seats, baggage allowance etc etc we have finally booked with Cathay Pacific for Jan 16th 2010!!! Very exciting!! They were far the cheapest - nearly £300 cheaper then Singapore Airlines who would have been our preference but with those savings who can argue?!!

Got a bit of a wait in Hong Kong but will be glad of it to let the 'monster' stretch her legs for a while. Any ideas on what's there to keep occupied?

Seems like a long time away but know it will go in a flash! So many other things to sort out now but just nice to have a definite date in our heads.

There is quite a small but "toddler friendly" play area in the Hong Kong airport. I can't remember where (but good maps everywhere) felt like we walked for miles but we just relaxed on the benches and let three "little monsters" run! We had just a 4 hour lay over and it was good for that.

Guest back clan

We have also booked Cathay on sept 1st. Decided to have a stopover for a couple of days as I know what I am like. I will get there and wish we'd had a chance to look round.

Good luck with all your plans. i am counting the days down

Guest The Pottertons

In my opinion Cathay are great! And i cant remember an awful lot about HK airport other than its HUGE!!!!! We bought a Trunki (childs ride on suitcase) recently when we flew to Florida and we packed it with relatively cheap activities for our 5 and 1 year old and produced bits and bobs throughout the flight- it worked really well. You must be sooo excited to have a date!!! Good luck! Yvonne x

Well done on booking your flights, it certainly gives you something to look forward to. We booked our flights 12months in advance with Cathay and fly in 5weeks with a 1 and 2 year old ! arrgghh We will let you know how it goes.

Time will fly for you now, can't believe how quickly its gone for us.

Guest TC for short

If you've got a whole day take the MTR into Central & have a look around there, take the Peak Tram up & back (stop is by St John's Cathedral) & Star Ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui.

If you've just a few hours get a cab (MTR might take you ther but can't remember) to Lan Tau island & go to the Big Buddha that you'll probably have seen from the aircraft when you were on short final approach. If I remember, there is a monastry where you can get something to eat.

TC

Guest bev_stef

Congrats on booking your flights, we arrive 15th Sep as spending a week in HKG for the boys to have fun at Disney.

We will have to try and get a Devon meet arranged sometime as seems so many from this part of the country are going, and would be good to put names to faces.

Bev & Stef

Guest countdown1975
There is quite a small but "toddler friendly" play area in the Hong Kong airport. I can't remember where (but good maps everywhere) felt like we walked for miles but we just relaxed on the benches and let three "little monsters" run! We had just a 4 hour lay over and it was good for that.

Hi,

We have booked our flights with Cathay Pacific (through Opodo) - we are flying all over the place as I am coming over to see my sister in York who is due her first baby 3 weeks before we move to Oz - so am flying into Manchester with Aer Lingus, then we have to fly with BA to LHR and then going with cathay Pacific to Adelaide via Hong Kong. Our stop over isn't too bad either - the place looks huge so I'm sure we won't get too bored.

Can I ask about your luggage allowance. On my booking it says you get 23kg each but on the Cathay pacific it says it is only 20kg. What did you take? Do you know what the charge is if you are overweight or is there the option to pay for another bag?

Thanks Vicki :-)

Guest countdown1975
Congrats on booking your flights, we arrive 15th Sep as spending a week in HKG for the boys to have fun at Disney.

We will have to try and get a Devon meet arranged sometime as seems so many from this part of the country are going, and would be good to put names to faces.

Bev & Stef

Hi,

Can I join in there :-) I was born in Exeter and lived in Teignmouth, Torquay and Paignton for 18 years before moving to Ireland

:-)