How long does it take to confirm receipt of documents for State sponsorship.

Guest Rachael S

Guest Rachael S

Hi There

I submitted my online State Sponsorship Application 13th April and our agent advises she sent documents 16th April.

Can anyone advise on how long it took for SA to confirm receipt of their documents or if infact they do. I Just want peace of mind they have the documents and time scales involved of confirmation, as not confident with agent. I know it can take upto 8 weeks to process the whole thing.

Status has not changed since 13th April and I have read some posts which show dates documents registered with S.A.

Thanks in advance for assistance.;)

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi. Hope I have understood your message right!!! Our state sponsorship has just been received by SA and we had an e-mail to confirm this. We had e-mail same day agent sent e-mail to say she lodged application. Did you have to complete a financial declaration? We got to do one and get the signature witnessed. Trying to find someome to witness it, banks didn't want to know, even though we got mortgage with one and all our savings with the other. When that been done the application process can proceed. I get a little confused sometimes and am so glad we are using agents. What visa you going on?

Guest Rachael S

Hi Thanks for reply.

Yes it is confusing. But I try to think if it was easy everyone would be doing it. Hopefully it pays off for us.

We are applying for a 475 provisional visa.

Yes we had an instant reply by email aswell to confirm they had received the on line application that we did. It's like an auto response an email came to me and my agent.

I was wondering how long it takes them to confirm they have received all the hard copies of the paperwork,supporting documents etc, which the agent sent to them a few days after we did the on line

application.

Yes we had to do the financial declaration aswell,our agent didn't advise us of this though we didn't realise we had to do this until the application went through.

We got a Solicitor to sign this for us. I hope it's okay, as I was a little confused on what exactly they meant by government official etc as the Australians do use different words for officials, notaries etc.

Again our agent said this was okay, I hope she is right, will let you know.

I'll feel happy once they have registered our paperwork as received. Mainly because I don't want the occupation to come off the list!

thanks

Rachael

Guest The Dimmocks

We going on a 176 visa. I think we will be getting a solicitor to witness the financial declaration too.

What do you do?? My hubby is a joiner so we going on that skill. Where abouts you thinking of moving to?

Guest brandyslad

Hi there,

If you are 176 it will be done quicker, they are prioritising them now so once they rec your docs should only be a few weeks.

We got our bank to witness our financial declaration, it wasn't even our permanent branch it was another branch of Halifax I was passing. Honestly some of them are such sicklers. It is not a big deal for them to sign, they are simply witnessing it not guaranteeing it.

I am a Community Worker and my OH is a welder, we have been allocated On Arrival Accomodation but not been given the final address yet, there is only the two of us so we are happy enough to have got somewhere doesn't have to be fancy when we haven't got kids, we can rough it out if we have to!

Guest The Dimmocks

I like the sound of the 176's being processed quicker, it getting scary now though as it seemed like ages away and now it getting closer, this time next year, maybe we be there or at least on our way. You fly on 20th, how exciting, bet you can't wait. We got 3 kids a 3 year old and two 1 year olds. We asked in both the Abbey (which we got all our savings in 4 accounts, quite a substantial amount, which we will surely see disappear over the next year!!!) and the natwest where we have mortgage and both said no, couldn't believe it. I said you only got to witness signature not sign your life away. My hubby wanted to change banks there and then lol.

Guest brandyslad
I like the sound of the 176's being processed quicker, it getting scary now though as it seemed like ages away and now it getting closer, this time next year, maybe we be there or at least on our way. You fly on 20th, how exciting, bet you can't wait. We got 3 kids a 3 year old and two 1 year olds. We asked in both the Abbey (which we got all our savings in 4 accounts, quite a substantial amount, which we will surely see disappear over the next year!!!) and the natwest where we have mortgage and both said no, couldn't believe it. I said you only got to witness signature not sign your life away. My hubby wanted to change banks there and then lol.

How crap. I never paid for any signatures during the whole process. I got a teacher to witness and sign photos for our police cert, I got a solicitor to do our Vetassess as I was in paying a bill and asked them then, I missed one doc and got the post office to sign it. Then for the visa I needed stat decs to prove our de facto and I got them to type them in black and sign them in blue and then scanned them in.

Talk about hands full - a 3 yr old and two 1 yr olds!!!

We are looking forward to it, there is a lot of stuff to sort out but we are not doing too badly. Just need to get house let and that is the final thing.

Guest mikesmith

hi there my name is mike i applied SS on the 4/3/09 and got sponcership on the 28/4/09 but if you have your reffrence you can look online if S/A HAS RECIVED YOU DOCS look under ss for s/a and you will find it not sure of web address but if you ask your agent they should provide this for you all the best mike

Hi

We had the same issues with Abbey refusing to sign the declaration even though we have a mortgage & 3 bank accounts with them. I was ready for closing all the accounts. In the end Nationwide signed the form, just took my bank card in (only use the account for holidays as they don't charge for withdrawals) and passport & they were happy to sign - didn't have to prove any funds. Barclays said they would have signed it if I had held a current account there.

Tracey

Guest The Dimmocks
How crap. I never paid for any signatures during the whole process. I got a teacher to witness and sign photos for our police cert, I got a solicitor to do our Vetassess as I was in paying a bill and asked them then, I missed one doc and got the post office to sign it. Then for the visa I needed stat decs to prove our de facto and I got them to type them in black and sign them in blue and then scanned them in.

Talk about hands full - a 3 yr old and two 1 yr olds!!!

We are looking forward to it, there is a lot of stuff to sort out but we are not doing too badly. Just need to get house let and that is the final thing.

We definately got our hands full, kids are great though, have their moments, but what kids don't. Getting financial declaration signed on Friday so can send off and then hopefully be all systems go again.