Evidence of Relationship

Guest The Dimmocks

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi all.

Just wondering if you have to provide evidence of your relationship when you are a married couple. From reading various threads on this site I have seen that people have had to provide evidence but can't figure out who is married and who isn't. Just want to check so can start getting things sorted. Been with hubby 11 years this June and we been married for nearly 5 of them so hopefully should be able to provide some evidence of our time together!!!!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

do you have children together post marrage? their birth certificates would count, also any docs that are in joint names: old mortgages/rent agreements/ utility bills etc ? Also a stat dec stating that you've been together X amount of yrs. Obviously the more you can provide the better, but well i'd think if say you had kids post marrage with both names on the birth certs it'd count as strong evidence ;)

Guest Rob and Clare

I came over via a spouse visa, and to be honest we threw everything we had at them, Marraige Cert, Mortgage statements, Bank Statements, Bills, Wedding pictures, Cards... The whole 9 yards... Obviously it wasn't all needed but it worked as we never had any issues or questions.

Guest The Dimmocks

Thanks for all your replies. We got three kids, all under 4 so hopefully their birth certificates and our marriage certificate should be enough. Sorting through some old stuff so will keep some things and wait and see if we get asked for any.

Getting so excited now, all this planning is coming together.

Guest The Hadleys
No, we just produced our marriage certificate. You shouldn't need anything else for a Skilled Independent Visa, not sure about a spouse visa.

Hi the Dimmocks

Sorry can't help with your question, was just wondering where in the West Midlands you are from, we were from the Midlands been here 6 months, so glad we made the move, just loving our new life.

Dawn

Guest Bodie

Birth certificates; marriage certificate; utility bills & financial docs eg. bank statements etc. We also provided annotated photos to prove commitment. My wife is a citizen as are kids by birth so really tried to document my role in the relationship. I hope this assists.

Bodie.

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi, We from Coseley, in between Wolverhampton and Dudley. Where did you leave for sunny Australia? We can't wait to make the move, try not to think about it somedays as it a good few months away yet.

Guest Denise Casey

Hi,

Your will need to provide evidence that you and your partner have been living together as a genuine couple for at least 12 months immediately prior to lodging the visa application.

The main type of evidence that you should provide is

rental or lease agreement in joint names

joint bank account statements,

bank statements for each of you going to the same address,

utility bills (Electricity / Gas / Water) in joint names or some bills in your name and some bills in your partner's name - all going to the same address

other bills in joint names - car insurance, TV license

Government letters for each of you going to the same address

You should have some of these to cover the previous 12 months. Note that if you moved address within the past 12 months, you should be able to show evidence at each address.

Regards,

Denise

Guest The Hadleys
Hi, We from Coseley, in between Wolverhampton and Dudley. Where did you leave for sunny Australia? We can't wait to make the move, try not to think about it somedays as it a good few months away yet.

Hi the Dimmocks, we were from Oldbury, not too far from you. Good luck with everything.

The Hadleys

Guest The Dimmocks

Thank youSmall world, there are a few people on here from the Midlands, one family has the same surname as us as were from Stourbridge not far from where my husband grew up.!! Hopefully should find out if we got state sponsorship beginning of June. All paperwork been sent so keeping our fingers crossed. How you enjoying it so far??

Guest Rob and Clare
Hi the Dimmocks

Sorry can't help with your question, was just wondering where in the West Midlands you are from, we were from the Midlands been here 6 months, so glad we made the move, just loving our new life.

Dawn

Where abouts in Oldbury are you from ? I went to Perryfields school as a kid, and lived in the Hood at Brandhall.

Guest TC for short

If you've been married for any length of time they don't require evidence as they can tell from the gaunt, haunted look of the husbands and the way the wife corrects all the answers.

(Stands by for incoming...!)

TC

Guest The Hadleys
Where abouts in Oldbury are you from ? I went to Perryfields school as a kid, and lived in the Hood at Brandhall.

Hi Rob and clare

Cannot believe this, we lived in Stanley Road, both my daughter's went to Perryfields.

Dawn

Guest The Dimmocks
If you've been married for any length of time they don't require evidence as they can tell from the gaunt, haunted look of the husbands and the way the wife corrects all the answers.

(Stands by for incoming...!)

TC

Ha ha that so true. Hubby don't speak!!!!! I speak for him LOL.

Guest The Hadleys
Thank youSmall world, there are a few people on here from the Midlands, one family has the same surname as us as were from Stourbridge not far from where my husband grew up.!! Hopefully should find out if we got state sponsorship beginning of June. All paperwork been sent so keeping our fingers crossed. How you enjoying it so far??

Yeah, been here 6 months, really loving our new life, me and hubby are both working, two daughters settled in at school. So glad we made the move.

Dawn

Guest The Dimmocks
Yeah, been here 6 months, really loving our new life, me and hubby are both working, two daughters settled in at school. So glad we made the move.

Dawn

Glad you enjoying your new life, so can't wait for us to get out there, been a long time coming but slowly getting closer. What do you and your hubby do? Justin (my OH) is a Joiner by trade. I currently stay at home with the kids.

Michelle