• Moneycorp currency Transfers
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Old Reynella
      420 times
      Quote Originally Posted by lastboyscout View Post
      As long as my family are there with me, we have a roof over our head and food on the barbie, then we`ll be happy. We`ve become complacent in our materialistic lifestyles over here, what with Sky, broadband, mobiles galore etc.... it all takes it toll on the wallet
      Absolutely bang on!!!!

We will be going with about the same (if we are lucky). Looking forward to an outdoor lifestyle that doesn't cost a fortune. Unlike here paying out for our creature comforts coz its to 'orrid to go outside.
      Better to regret something you have done then something you haven't. If you need anymore convincing to give it a go then look out of your window.;)

Hallett Cove
      27 times
      Hi Tracey
      Andy the Painter posts on AB. I think you have posted there to. He may be able to help you / reassure you.
      Unfortunately P&D / trades are not that well paid but I think its who you know.
      Ashley has worked for himself for over 6 years, with 15+ years as a subbie in P&D, he is definitely taking a cut. However, we have known this from day one & are both hoping that once he gets started, perhaps he can get established on his own again.
      A risk for us as we are comfortable here but got over the wobbles & I just can't wait to get over there.
      The kids are even excited at this moment in time, which I am very pleased about.
      Good luck
      Angela (43), Ashley (45), Bradley (17), Thomas (13) & Max our Spoodle (6) Visa Process 23/10/06 - granted 27/04/07. Now permanent residents as of Sept 09.
      Arrived 6th Sept 07 Living in Onkaparinga Hills. Building a new home 2014 Hallett Cove with Rivergum 2 Story & views back / front :D
      AGS Painting & Decorating PM me or email agspainting@adam.com.au

hi i agree with the comments about the amount you are taking with you, but as lastboyscout says there are fair less things material wise that seem unimportant over there.
      bet you spend over 150 on mobiles, sky tv, higher petrol costs, central heating! & that is where i feel sure that the lifestyle will be better ok you may earn less but if you spend less no harm!
      we are going out with enough to keep us morgatge free ( i think!) but if we have to have a small mortgage it will be nothing compared to the cost here, just as another thought - how much council tax do you pay now? average in Adelaide $400 PER YEAR!! (or from what i see on the net) i am sure that will be you $250 less prob solved ( i hope so!)
      take care & remember we all have a case of the "wobbles" share them & we will all help reasure you, steph x

We did not bring over huge amounts of cash and will certainly not be mortgage free we closed a good company that earnt well and now have to try and get it working over here but so far life is good and the move has been worth it :D now just got to get those dollars coming in as well as going out:o

I think as someone said furhter down, you live within your means.
      A lot of people are on low wages here, it is normal, especially for trades people....which is why there is a shortage of trades....no- one wants to do them because the pay is so c***!
      There is always an exception to the rule though...some peeps get good wages for their trade...some even fall into a job with no licence!

You can earn more per hour as an adult in my local "Campbells" than as a qualified hairdresser!! what does that tell you? Also to learn to be a motor mechanic the starting wage is $6 per hour.

We get by on low wages because we have to, until we figure out a way to earn more, but would I go back to the uK N_O!
      Its amazing what you can do when you have to.

I wrote this as neither negative or positive...just honest. I hope it helps.

Was Walsall now Redwood Park NE Adelaide
      97 times
      Quote Originally Posted by tracynsteve View Post
      Hi Lastboyscout,what A Cool Reply.what Do You Do?

Hi Tracynsteve,

I`m a SMART repair technician (cool name for someone who does bumper scuffs ,paint chips, vandal scratches etc on vehicles ;))

I`ve been offered a job in Adelaide and my future employer is even sponsoring me , so it ain`t that bad

It will be hard work and with determination we will get there, its only like when the wife and I first met, it was hard to get out of renting the council property and onto the property ladder, but we did it and have two lovely sprogs now aswell and we are looking at Adelaide as a long term thing , not to go over there and think `oh well, it didn`t work out, lets go back` because every reason why you wanted to leave in the first place will still be here if you came back.

I know alot of people come back for health , family and personal reasons but those are the only things I would come back for TBH, but I wouldn`t let the matter of money be one !

I wonder if Adelaide has any red light districts where I could work if all else fails? :p:D

tiger fan
      we're lucky that we have good equity in the house and hope to be able to be mortgage free when we get there, but even if we're not we'd rather try and fail than regret not trying.we know that there are things we take for granted here that we wont get over there, and only our youngest is coming with us. he's 18 so past child benefit or tax credits. oh worries that he wont get work doing what he does now. but we're prepared, as i'm sure eveyone onPIA is, to do what it takes to keep the dream alive!!!keep your chin up :D theres always PIA and the wonderful people on it to give advice and opinions!

Woodcroft, SA
      410 times
      Hope you dont mind mate but have sent you a pm !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums