Cost of living in Adelaide

Guest needtogonow

Guest needtogonow

Hi everyone

We're looking to move to Adelaide early next year and are quite interested in Seaford. We'd be grateful if anyone had information on cost of living (i.e. utilities) for a 3 bedroom house for an average family of 4.

Thanks

Mike and Becky

• 1 year later...
Guest manxstones

Hi, we're headed in the same direction but probably not until late next year as our visa app was lodged nov 10th 2010 and we've been told by our migration agents it could take 12mths, maybe more maybe less, so we're hoping for less ! My friend emigrated to seaford rise 18mths ago and loves it,. i will ask her to give me some prices, all i know is that its cheaper than the isle of man where she and we are from which is an expensive place to live.

We have two daughters Gabriella 6 & Francesca 4 and Boycie the wonderdog 9 so will looking for the same thing.

We're really excited about the big move but daunted at the same time !

Hi

Good luck to you both!

We live in Seaford Meadows - Seaford is a lovelly area - though I'm biased :)

Setting up you have to pay out connection fees for Gas/Elec/Phone which is about $70 on average.

Phone & Broadband package I'm on is $75 pm, Water goes to landlord and we pay what we use - as we've only been in property a month I'm afraid I'm pretty useless in being able to give an average at this stage but I've budgeted for $250 pm for the bills (exc internet) just in case!

I'm sure someone else can add in something far more useful!!

Generally food isnt too bad once you know when and how to shop! You cant do a full shop in one place and know youre getting the best deal - you have to look around can be a significant difference in cost & quality!

PS when you land, get a contract phone asap! We spent a good $80 in one week on PAYG!! Hardly made any calls :(

Best wishes for 2011!!!

Von

Hi there,

The best of luck to you both!

Other costs to think about...

Car road tax / compulsory accident..............about $60 per month depending upon the car.

Car insurance...fully comp...........................about $50 per month depending upon the car.

Foxtel........................................................from $40 to $1110

Household insurance (contents)....................maybe $40 per month depending upon value.

Electricity...................................................maybe $150 per month (but massive variable)

If you buy a house

Rates and levies..........................................$100 per month

Water and levies..........................................$100 per month

Insurance (structure)....................................$50 per month

Seaford is a good place to live and very popular with new arrivals.

Tamara

Guest manxstones
Hi everyone

We're looking to move to Adelaide early next year and are quite interested in Seaford. We'd be grateful if anyone had information on cost of living (i.e. utilities) for a 3 bedroom house for an average family of 4.

Thanks

Mike and Becky

Hi, spoke to my friend in Seaford today, she said that her Aug gas bill was $260 and electric was $ 210, this covered most of the winter. Hope this is helpful.:cute:

Helen & Darren.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jason&Vicki
Hi there,

The best of luck to you both!

Other costs to think about...

Car road tax / compulsory accident..............about $60 per month depending upon the car.

Car insurance...fully comp...........................about $50 per month depending upon the car.

Foxtel........................................................from $40 to $1110

Household insurance (contents)....................maybe $40 per month depending upon value.

Electricity...................................................maybe $150 per month (but massive variable)

If you buy a house

Rates and levies..........................................$100 per month

Water and levies..........................................$100 per month

Insurance (structure)....................................$50 per month

Seaford is a good place to live and very popular with new arrivals.

Tamara

Hi Tamara,

I am contacting you as I am hopefully moving in a number of weeks from Ireland. We will not have transport so is public transport good in your area where you have your houses ?

Thank you

Vicki

Guest cornish Busdriver

I live seaford and love it down south.

I cant knock the north cause they have great stuff there too but i just prefer south and seaford area cause of the laid back attitude, beach life style and the quiet life.

Down side is you really need your own transport if you wanna go anywhere in a hurry.