• Moneycorp currency Transfers
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Chelseadownunder

Thread: Pound v Dollar

Hallett Cove
      135 times

Exclamation Pound v Dollar

It looks like an interesting week as the usual maga positive media here (Dont mention the R word) said it was going to be a positive week and yet Retail sales and home loans were both less than expected this can have a negative effect on the Aussie which can be good for the pound. Last I looked the pound was up 1c to the dollar today. Its fallen a hell of alot as I am sure you are all aware but hopefully bad news here could be good news for the pound. The next big news is on Thursday with the unemployment rate. They are expecting 5.9% if its more than this it may not be good for the Aussie. (This is not meant as advice, but I hope it sheds some light on whats happening)
      Anne B likes this.
      Steven Guy - UK Pension transfer, Superannuation, Life Insurance, Investment, Self managed Super & Mortgage advice. FIN 231Technical Analysis, Currently taking Masters in Finance.
      Financial Adviser Australia Member FPA (Advanced Diploma) (Self managed Super)

61 times
      Just noticed saving rates have gone up today but does this mean mortgages (sorry home loans) are going up in Oz too.

I recon its going to fall much further yet. The Oz commodities are about to get going with the emerging countries thats been in recession, put that with the new gas sector and wow. Australia is going to be one steaming economic country,sorry continent. I hope my pessomism doesnt get peoples back up but thats just my opinion, as many economists predict. As I have money in the UK, as I am still here anyway, I would really hope for a major u turn so I get a good return. But looking at the UK debt and the mega low base rate this is very unlikely.
      But hey, im no clairvoyant, fingers crossed. just hope for those who go with whatever the rate is that they prosper and are happy anyway.

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums