Motorbike/scooter insurance..recommendations?

Guest fuji70

Guest fuji70

Hiya

While I debate the costs of buying a car, I'm thinking of getting a scooter. (50cc max)

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company?? I'll be going fully comp.

Cheers

Jo

Guest Guest5035

i had one a few years ago, i can't remember who i insured it with, but after 2 years i got rid of it, nearly got wiped out 2 or 3 times. If you buy new, don't buy from a guy called Peter S.....

Stevo.

Guest fuji70

Thanks, will have a look. (And it may be a stupid question, but are you from Leicester?? If so, me too!:))

Guest fuji70
QBE was who i used. Insure your life aswell!!

Stevo

Is it really that bad???????? I was hoping to save money by buying a scooter for 6 months and saving for a car. I had a scooter in Leicester for a while and loved it

Guest kangomik

they don't called them temporary residents for nothing.

I ride over here, but no where near as much as in the UK, why they have mirrors on cars here i have no idea.

Guest Guest5035
Is it really that bad???????? I was hoping to save money by buying a scooter for 6 months and saving for a car. I had a scooter in Leicester for a while and loved it

Mate buy a car and save your life, thats what i did.

Stevo

Thanks, will have a look. (And it may be a stupid question, but are you from Leicester?? If so, me too!:))[/unquote]

Yup I was born there, migrated here with my parents when I was 12, went back at 18, then came back here at 21. It had changed a lot in 6 years so it must've changed heaps in the last 30.

I ride an 1100 Yamaha Cruiser and am pretty visible on the road but drivers here seem to be blind when it comes to bikes. Mainly it's because they don't look in the first place.

Actually 50cc scooters aren't that useful in Australia. They're too slow and underpowered for the main roads. In the square mile of Adelaide and suburban streets where speed limits are 60km, or less, they're ok, but traffic on the main roads moves at 80km and more. The poor little scooters are stuck in the gutter while a line of frustrated motorists forms trying to get past them.:arghh:

Luckily SA is a LAMS state. So you're not limited to >250cc machines once you have your L plates.