Benefits????

Guest mark&rachel

Guest mark&rachel

Hello all, without wishng to sound tight can anyone help me on some benefit questions? Obviously it helps when calculating things

Im hoping to come over in March on a sponsored Migration Visa (119).

My wife wont be working to start with and i have 3 kids aged 1,3 & 5.

Can anyone help on how much beneifts i could be looking at?

Does bringing the money from the sale of my house affect it???

:daydreaming:

I could be wrong but I thought unless it was an independent permanent visa you are looking at then you wont qualify for any benefits.

We've applied for the 175 and I think we still have to wait the 2yr period before we would qualify for the equivalent of child ben / tax credits. I think that the only thing we may be entitled to from the start is a childcare benefit of some kind, dont have the details though on that yet, sorry cant be more help!

I could be wrong but I thought unless it was an independent permanent visa you are looking at then you wont qualify for any benefits.

We've applied for the 175 and I think we still have to wait the 2yr period before we would qualify for the equivalent of child ben / tax credits. I think that the only thing we may be entitled to from the start is a childcare benefit of some kind, dont have the details though on that yet, sorry cant be more help!

Rent assistance as well dependent on income - think it's $99k (not sure though) for the threshold.

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/

There are calculators online there so it will give you a good idea.

Cooler