Confirmation of funds, 176 visa

Guest safedisk

Guest safedisk

Hi Everyone.

I am going to be starting an application for a 176 state sponsored visa (soon i hope) and have read that we will have to give proof that we have enough funds to support ourselves when we reach Australia. I seem to remember that this amount had to be verified by an official type person.

For the life of me, i cannot find this info again and wondered if anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks

lee

Hi Everyone.

I am going to be starting an application for a 176 state sponsored visa (soon i hope) and have read that we will have to give proof that we have enough funds to support ourselves when we reach Australia. I seem to remember that this amount had to be verified by an official type person.

For the life of me, i cannot find this info again and wondered if anyone could give me a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks

lee

Hi

We completed the form and took it into the Nationwide who were happy to sign it for us. We didn't have to prove funds & explained to them that they were only witnessing our signature. Just had to take my bank card in to prove we had an account and they didn't charge us. Barclays would have signed the form if we had held an account with them but the Abbey refused saying they don't provide that kind of service. From memory I think it is also a notary that can sign but they are hard to come by and will charge for the priviledge.

Hope this helps.

Tracey

We had a right game getting our signed. The Nationwide had us running round in circles trying to sort it out. It tooks weeks and they never did get to sort it in the end. No one wanted to take the responsibility of putting their signature to say what money we had in their accounts. Even have the mortgage with them.

Finally in desperation we went to a solicitor, with evidence of accounts, house valuation etc and he signed it all. Charged us £5. We wished we'd have done that weeks before and saved our selves alot of hastle.

Donna

Guest Lauren & Alan

We just took our form to our local solicitors whom we had used when we bought our house. We infact didnt have the savings readily available but he wasnt concerned with seeing that as knew we have equity in our property which is what we will be using. We thought worst case scenerio if we had to show a bank statement we could just put a credit card cheque into our account but it never came to that.

Hi Everyone.

Thanks

lee