Financial dilemma

Willber

Hi all... we are coming to a crucial point in our emigration experience where we are considering our finances... we're very confused and are wondering if we should seek the assistance of a financial adviser?! There seems to be so much to consider, is there a resource which lists all the things we need to organise regarding finances when emigrating? Should we pay 100's of pounds seeking the assistance of a financial adviser when money is so precious and every penny counts? Will we spend more than we save by seeking help? I really don't know what to do and any advice or recommendations of good and fairly priced advisor's would be appreciated! :arghh:

We didnt use a financial advisor - we used HIFX to transfer our finances over and then sorted everything as and when we needed to. There does seem to be a lot to do but thankfully the majority of it is cancelling things and refunds. Drop Andy Williams a pm on here - he's a great guy to use at this end for all your financial needs ie life insurance, pensions, mortgages, investments etc. It may well be worth speaking to him before you leave as it could be beneficial to you to leave things like life insurance running in the UK until its sorted at this end.

Lindsey

Hi all... we are coming to a crucial point in our emigration experience where we are considering our finances... we're very confused and are wondering if we should seek the assistance of a financial adviser?! There seems to be so much to consider, is there a resource which lists all the things we need to organise regarding finances when emigrating? Should we pay 100's of pounds seeking the assistance of a financial adviser when money is so precious and every penny counts? Will we spend more than we save by seeking help? I really don't know what to do and any advice or recommendations of good and fairly priced advisor's would be appreciated! :arghh:

Thanks for your comments Lindsey.

Hi Wilber

If you want to give me an email/PM I would be more than happy to give you a few pointers on things to look at before you leave.

Once you're here I would be more than happy to meet with you and I offer free intial consultations to expats on arrival.

Regards

Andy