Credit Cards/Credit History

Maggiemoo

Hi guys,

Just wanted a bit of advice really. We have been in Adelaide (permanent residents) for just over 6 months now, we have a rental property and are both working 1 x permanent full-time and 1 x casual almost full time. We both have Barclaycards from the UK. Have a mortgage in the UK (we rent our property out) and in general a really good credit history from the UK. We applied for a credit card last week and were turned down - no particular reason given. Not sure how we go about getting a credit card or interest free credit when we have no credit rating here. We have some money in the UK but do not want to bring it over just yet because of the crappy exchange rate.

Can anyone advise the best way to get around this?

Thanks for your help.

Maggiemoo :confused:

Guest ReadyPenny

Have you actually been to the bank or did you apply online? Who have you approached?? I work for BankSA at Colonel Light Gardens, feel free to pop down and see me and I will see if I can help you out with that

Mandy

Hubby applied after 6mths we had bought our own house, car etc and they said no, I phoned a couple of days later and they said yes, did it all over the phone, hubby actually called in at the bank. It all depends on who you get. Leave it a couple of days and try again.