• Moneycorp currency Transfers
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Is 50,000 enough?

315 times
      Quote Originally Posted by vikkiann View Post
      Hi all

After much thought we are taking the plunge 2 years after we were given our 175 visa.

My hubby is almost 40, I'm 32, we have 4 children who are 3, 4, 7 and 12.

My hubby is a plumber but has been self employed doing kitchen fitting for the past 6 years.

My concern is ......... by the time we've sold our house, paid our mortgage and debts, we should have about 50,000.
      Is that enough to start a new life, baring in mind we'll need to find him a job, secure a rental etc etc.

Any advice will be taken on board!!

This has been the hardest decision of my life but now i'm going to be selfish and think of us not everyone else.

We lost out in the house sale as well so I understand how you feel. That should be plenty and as BurgessFamily says, look at the benefits and sort them out when you come.

Coromandel Valley Adelaide S.A
      23 times
      Quote Originally Posted by vikkiann View Post
      Financially we tick by. Emotionally it's awful, he works in excess of 50 hours a week just to pay the bills and provide for us.
      Our younger 2 daughters see him on a sunday then generally don't see him until a thursday as he has to work stupid hours, most of the time 14 -16 hours a day.

I've just had enough now!
      We to are moving to Adelaide in September , I'm self employed in Uk I work 55-90 hours a wk on exhibition stands all over Europe to support my family. Were coming out with roughly 60000 after all paid off so I think their are plenty off people jumping ship for a better life for thier kids. I've been told being a tradie we should have no probe getting work. Good luck to you and you're family if you're hard working you should be ok. Our friends told us just knuckle down and don't treat like holiday or you will fail. Think positive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums