UK Pension Transfer Seminar & state pension info

Hello

I am looking to hold another UK Pension Transfer Seminar as I haven't held one for while.

The Seminar covers off the whole transfer process including advantages, disadvantages and implications of transferring your UK pension to Australia.

There have been quite a few changes of late to the UK pension system and this will bring you up to speed regarding these changes more specifically final salary schemes.

There have also been changes for certain people living here that still have UK pensions from an Australian point of view and again this will cover off those changes.

This is a free event for PIA members and I have held a number of these over the last couple of years. From the people that have attended their feedback has been very positive.

I will also run a section around the UK state pension and what happens to this for us UK expats in Australia.

I will be looking to run this Seminar on Saturday 16th October starting at 11am in Kent Town (2 mins east of City).

For those that may be interested or would like more information then please let me know.

Drinks and sandwiches are provided.

Regards

Andy

Can I just write a quick note on here (sorry to hijack your thread Andrew) just to encourage everyone who can attend to go along. Andy and I went along to Andrews first seminar in ??2007/8 not long after we arrived in Oz. There is such a lot of scaremongering about pensions and with Andrew you get the facts and can be reassured that he does have your best interests at heart. My husband and I both transferred our NHS pensions to Australia as well as a few other small pensions that we had accrued over the years - we feel that with Andrew's help our pensions are working well here and helping us build a secure future in Australia. Andrew also assisted us recently with mortgage, income protection and life insurance as well as dealing with our UK state pensions too - he's a man of many talents!

Andrew would not advise you to bring a pension which would work better for you in the UK - so hes not just in it for the business - get yourselves along - you wont regret it!:)

Guest janmoo

I would be interested but is this a reputable company providing these seminars i dont really trust financial advisors most of them work on a commission basis and sell you according to how much they make on each product. Would be interested in other pia feedback before i go. Thanks

Hello

I am looking to hold another UK Pension Transfer Seminar as I haven't held one for while.

The Seminar covers off the whole transfer process including advantages, disadvantages and implications of transferring your UK pension to Australia.

There have been quite a few changes of late to the UK pension system and this will bring you up to speed regarding these changes more specifically final salary schemes.

There have also been changes for certain people living here that still have UK pensions from an Australian point of view and again this will cover off those changes.

This is a free event for PIA members and I have held a number of these over the last couple of years. From the people that have attended their feedback has been very positive.

I will also run a section around the UK state pension and what happens to this for us UK expats in Australia.

I will be looking to run this Seminar on Saturday 16th October starting at 11am in Kent Town (2 mins east of City).

For those that may be interested or would like more information then please let me know.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy & Lindsey for your kind words, much appreciated.

Neil and Jane (Ashby Dicko), Richard and Rosalita (Rich & Chit) and Darren (mez10), thank you for your interest it would be great to have you along. I will get Stacey to PM you with details regarding exact location, duration and so on..

janmoo, other than Andy and Lindsey's comments above please feel free to have a look at the testimonials on our website (Home page) from other PIA members regarding our service proposition.

Stacey and I who run the company are both PIA members and UK expats who have been dealing with PIA members for a number of years.

Also just to point out that the Seminar will not mention any product providers or try to sell any products whatsoever.

The Seminar is purely aimed at providing people with enough information for them to understand whether they should consider a transfer of their UK pensions.

This is a very complex area and can be a minefiled for a lot of people, in addition to this there is also a lot of misunderstanding around the whole process and there are quite a lot of myths going around about what you can and cannot do with your pension and what tax liabilities may be incurred.

If then someone walks away with the information that they have received that is fine.

If I can also go one step further and explain that in the event someone did want to use us for our Pension Transfer advice then the fees that a person pays us are in relation to the advice not the product. We do not work on commission for product choice but rather the fees charged are for the advice given and the work carried out, the fees are the same regardless of the product chosen.

If you would like to attend we would be happy to have you along.

Best wishes.

Andy

Hi Andy

I'm interested to come. Can you pencil me in. We've just arrived in Adelaide in the last few days. I have pension with the beeb back in the UK, and wants to know which is the best way to proceed, to stay or to move the pension.

Regards

Wijaya

Hi Andy

I'm interested to come. Can you pencil me in. We've just arrived in Adelaide in the last few days. I have pension with the beeb back in the UK, and wants to know which is the best way to proceed, to stay or to move the pension.

Regards

Wijaya

Hi Wijaya

Thanks for your interest, it would be great to have you along, Stacey will PM you with more info.

Talk soon

Andy

Hello

Regards

Andy

Hi Andrew

We arrive in Adelaide on September 22nd. Have not known what to do about our pensions so we would like to come to your seminar but we will only have access to a computer from the library would we still be able to attend the meeting. Alternatively

could we contact you via telephone?

Thanks

Lorraine & Steve

Guest gary.hughes

Hi Andy,

My wife and I have recently received the visa confirmation letter we have been waiting for and are hopeful my current employer will be true to his word and transfer me over to the Adelaide office before Christmas (fingers crossed).

Your offer of free sandwiches sounds great but even that can’t temp me to fly over for your seminar J

Can you therefore advise me if there is a generic pamphlet that you have or could supply that would give me and others in a similar position back in the UK a rundown on the pros & cons as you see them.

A simple web search does appear to indicate the pension transfer process (advantages and disadvantages) is a potential mine field so any advice would be appreciated by all.

It is however good to know that the decision does not need to be made whilst still in the UK, as one of the main requirements needed for transfer is Permanent departure from the UK with no intention of returning to work or retire (a decision I would not like rush into)

I hope your seminar goes well and should I decide to transfer my numerous pensions accrued from my many jobs, state pension and my over pushy ex Prudential employee brother, then I will be sure to contact you for a quote. That also goes for mortgages and finacial advice in general.

Many thanks

Gary & Helen

Hi Andrew

We arrive in Adelaide on September 22nd. Have not known what to do about our pensions so we would like to come to your seminar but we will only have access to a computer from the library would we still be able to attend the meeting. Alternatively

could we contact you via telephone?

Thanks

Lorraine & Steve

Hi Lorraine and Steve

You are more than welcome to come along.

You certainly can contact me via telephone, the office number is 08 8381 7177, if you would also like to PM me you email address and we can try to communicate that way as well.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

My wife and I have recently received the visa confirmation letter we have been waiting for and are hopeful my current employer will be true to his word and transfer me over to the Adelaide office before Christmas (fingers crossed).

Your offer of free sandwiches sounds great but even that can’t temp me to fly over for your seminar J

Can you therefore advise me if there is a generic pamphlet that you have or could supply that would give me and others in a similar position back in the UK a rundown on the pros & cons as you see them.

A simple web search does appear to indicate the pension transfer process (advantages and disadvantages) is a potential mine field so any advice would be appreciated by all.

It is however good to know that the decision does not need to be made whilst still in the UK, as one of the main requirements needed for transfer is Permanent departure from the UK with no intention of returning to work or retire (a decision I would not like rush into)

I hope your seminar goes well and should I decide to transfer my numerous pensions accrued from my many jobs, state pension and my over pushy ex Prudential employee brother, then I will be sure to contact you for a quote. That also goes for mortgages and finacial advice in general.

Many thanks

Gary & Helen

Hi Gary and Helen

I do not have a generic pamphlet that I can supply unfortunately and I suppose this is the point of the seminar.

You are certainly correct regarding the intention to remain in Australia and this is certainly a big factor as once a UK pension is transferred to Australia it generally cannot be transferred back until a condition of release is met ie retirement.

I do hold 3-4 of these seminars a year so I will certainly keep hold of your details and let you know by a PM of the next one I am holding early next year when you should be over if you like??

Regards

Andy

Guest gary.hughes
Hi Gary and Helen

I do not have a generic pamphlet that I can supply unfortunately and I suppose this is the point of the seminar.

You are certainly correct regarding the intention to remain in Australia and this is certainly a big factor as once a UK pension is transferred to Australia it generally cannot be transferred back until a condition of release is met ie retirement.

I do hold 3-4 of these seminars a year so I will certainly keep hold of your details and let you know by a PM of the next one I am holding early next year when you should be over if you like??

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

That certainly sounds like a plan.

We look forward to meeting you early next year (fingers crossed)

Regards

Gary & Helen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

There are still places available for this event if anyone is interested.

The presenatation usually runs for about 45 mins so it doesn't take up a great deal of time but people can hang around for a bit after if they want for a chin-wag and refreshments.

Please let me know if you are interested in coming along.

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cdaborn

Hi Andy

Was intending on coming to the last seminar you did but didn't.

I feel I have put off doing something about my pensions for too long now and would like to attend the next one you are running on 16th. Please can you send me futher details.

Thanks Carolyn Mills (nee Daborn)

Guest WhatNow?

Would just like to say a big 'Thank You' to Andrew for the interesting and informative pension seminar this morning. Nice to meet some more PIA members and put faces to the names too.

Guest Mitchell

D'oh! Just spotted this thread and missed the event. Please can you pm me when you're having the next one as I have 2 private pensions in the UK I need to sort out. Thanks :)

A big thank you to both of you for an interesting and very informative event and I would have no hesitation in recommending this seminar to others.

We will be contacting you soon.

Darren & Janet

Also a BIG thank you from the kids for the cookies and snakes