hi were just waiting for an ok with our visa, before putting our house on the market,
now very worried, as we planned to go aug time 08, (depending on a sale)
personally, i wouldnt go with out sellin my house, i would do a recci to activate my visa, and return to sale, i dont want any loose ends left behind me. but good luck with whatever you decide, its one of those things where only you know whats right for you
we recieved our visa last april 2007 house on market since we have have even reduced it by £15,000 still no takers, told alot of 7 yr old 4 bed detached in area and not selling does any one know if anyone wants a lovely house in wakefield west yorks
We are about to send our visa application off and have just put our house on the market. We were going to wait until visa passed but thought as the house market has slowed down we would put up early. If we sell we will move in with MIL.
It has been on market for 1 week and we have had alot of people drive past and stop but only 1 viewing and they havent sold there house yet.
just going off track a bit but just wanted to say hi to the grants as noticed on your signature that you have a 14 year old boy who is not keen on going!
we too have a nearly 14 year old boy who is exactly the same and making life very difficult at the moment! i appreciate its hard for them but you also know that in 10 years time they will turn round to us and say why didnt we move and why didnt you just make me go!!!!
i havent even put the house on the market yet as still sprucing it up but this bit seems easier compared to the problems with teenagers!!
good luck to all you house sellers... im sure yo will et there in the end!!
Hi, I'm a newbie on this site, but read it nearly every day. Just want to add my views to this thread.
We've sold the house, Hurrah , but trying to get this guy to exchange contracts is turning into a marathon, when he came to view I told him that we wanted to come out to Oz in January and that we wouldn't drop the price any further (we'd already come down 10k) he was fine with it. But trying to get this chap to exchange contracts is so difficult, in January he had a few queries about the sewers!!!!!, no problem everything was resolved. In Feburary he tried to get us to drop the price, after much discussion (we said no) that was resolved. At the end of Feburary we had all set a date for exchange and on the day his solicitor realised he hadn't paid his deposit.......... which he then did the following week by cheque (which had to clear)......then last week a date was set for exchange, I thought its going to go through today there was nothing outstanding and for the first time in ages I allowed myself to get excited and look forward to our new life............. but we didn't exchange guess why!!!!.......... because the idiots mortgage offer has expired and he has to get a new one
So we are back to waiting, and putting all thoughts of Australia out of our heads, once again living in limbo, until this house exchanges.
Sorry for the rant but sometimes you've just got to get it off your chest. I agree with everyone this is the worse part of the whole emigration process.
Just wanted to say hi welcome to pia, I know what you mean this part is sooo stressful
Originally Posted by helen & co
Originally Posted by louiesmum
Thanks Michelle, we should hear this week if we've got another date to exchange....... I'll be so glad when this is all behind us.
Originally Posted by helen & co
You've found your way to PIA at last, hope besides the house sale everything else is okay,
Keep your chins up IT WILL HAPPEN,
See you soon, love
Guzzler & Sas
Originally Posted by Guzzler&Sas
I know it will happen eventually just when 2008....2009....210!!!!!!
Will email you with an update, by the way congrats on the job and belated Happy Birthday to Keith.
We know how you feel.
We are in Cornwall and must sell before we can make the move.
We have de-clutered, been very busy on ebay getting rid of lots of stuff, been intouch with the container people and got the dogs injections and meds done.
Now just need to sell, how-ever the house has only been on the market for 2 weeks but we are hoping to move out in june.
Best of luck
Matt N mandy + bilbo and kerra (westies)