Exchange Rate

Guest mark&rachel

Guest Mark Xpnsit

I think that might be the right move, taking the plunge! I believe it will go back up but think it might take a bit of time - by the time you pay both ends for the transfer and lose out on the exhange rate you end up losing a lot (when I first came here it was over $3, almost 3.5 to the pound!)

I think that might be the right move, taking the plunge! I believe it will go back up but think it might take a bit of time - by the time you pay both ends for the transfer and lose out on the exhange rate you end up losing a lot (when I first came here it was over $3, almost 3.5 to the pound!)

$3.5 to 1 UK pound???

I've never seen that in any historical data to suggest that high rate!:shocked:

In the very late 90's we saw some very good rates around the $3 but that was on a daily basis.

The dollar's still going up generally at the moment against the pound, but do bear in mind that interest rates here are much higher than in the UK so what you lose on the rate of exchange, you may gain back by getting it over here sooner and putting it on deposit. I know some places have been advertising rates around 6% on deposits here - what's the average in the UK at the moment??

Guest Guest5035
The dollar's still going up generally at the moment against the pound, but do bear in mind that interest rates here are much higher than in the UK so what you lose on the rate of exchange, you may gain back by getting it over here sooner and putting it on deposit. I know some places have been advertising rates around 6% on deposits here - what's the average in the UK at the moment??

so simple isn't it di...

stevo