We have got a bit of a dilemma.
We are moving over Jan 11 on PR visas.
We have our house up for sale and think we have a prospective buyer, who is in rented accom.........so no chain, so is a fantastic potential buyer. (time will tell). Now we are having second thoughts as to whether we should be selling or renting??
If we sold....with the current exchange rate, we dont think we could afford to bring the money to Oz as we would loose a lot of money. However to leave it in a Uk bank account wouldn't generate a lot either.
It seems renting it out would give us the same sort of return on our money over a 12month period. We would then have somewhere to come back to if it didnt work out....( the old panic mode is setting in)! Neither of us have jobs, so could be a disater if we dont find work quickly.
We are going round in circles trying to make the right financial decision. I love my home and if we came back, would want to return to my house, but also want to make the right decision to be able to make a go of our long term future in oz.
We dont have any knowledge of tax implications of rental or bringing money to oz after house sales( say 2 years time). My head is pounding and we need to make a decision quickly else may well miss out on our potential buyer.