• 1 Post By wijaya
    • 1 Post By Mitchell

Thread: Hifix or Moneycorp??

Title
      Liked
      92 times
      Rep

Hifix or Moneycorp??

Right I need to make a one off payment before we move then need to make monthly payments back to the UK.
      Can anyone recommend an approach, or indeed have you used either Hifx or Moneycorp to do this?
      What are the differences? Any hidden charges?

Any information will be great!
      Thanks in advance
      Regards
      Von
      Last edited by Sears Family; 06-10-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling

browny_oh
      ooh, good question I am also interested in this

guest3462
      Well, in my opinion, UKforex/ozforex offer the best rates currency wise. You also get your first transaction for free, so if its a big one then that could be beneficial to you. When we need to send money back to the UK we always check the rates on all the companies, but have always found UKForex to be the best.........

guest3462
      Oh and re the monthly payments, we need to do that too, but with the exchange rate as it is at the mo we find that to make 6monthly payments works out better as you end up getting more for your $ at the moment. We have a high interest aussie savings account that we pay into each month then send it as necessary, it really does save loads of dosh! x
      Sears Family likes this.

Title
      Liked
      87 times
      Rep
      Hi there
      I did the same with UK/ozforex. The rate was always slightly better that Hifx, Currency Online and the rest. I think you need to have an account with all this company to compare. Sometimes their "published" rate looked better but when you logged in and wanted to buy, the rate was much lower. As probably with others, for 3k and above, you don't pay fee with UK forex.
      As the rate is poor now, my strategy now is to change money in a small number on weekly basis, so hopefully on average, it will balance out as rate improves.

Regards
      Sears Family likes this.
      Wijaya
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      Vetassess passed: 28 March 2008
      VISA 475 GRANTED: 15/05/09
      Permanent resident: Dec 2012
      Previously lived in Campbelltown, since October 2013 moved to Melbourne, but still loves Adelaide.

Title
      Liked
      92 times
      Rep
      Hi

For those interested I went with Tranzfers who are a sub of UKforex - they are currently offering 1st 2 transactions free so have worked out cheaper.

But I am also registered with Smart currency as its free to transfer from $AUS to :)
      Certainly going to play on off against the other - just a bit of a pain having to do it every month!

Hope this helps - its a little scary researching into areas you know nothing about!
      Have gone through a huge learning curve since starting the visa process. All fun hey!

Von x

Katieh
      A friend recommended Halo financial to us and they were pretty good. The best rate at the time anyway

Hope that helps

Title
      Liked
      112 times
      Rep
      I've only used HiFX as that was who Westpac recommended when I opened my acct in London. I've transferred money from UK to Aus a few times and the rate isn't bad and it's always free. You can transfer as little 250 up to 70000 and they've told my mum they'll do larger sums like a house sale by arrangement. It's pretty fast too. Normally turns up a couple of working days later.
      Sears Family likes this.

•