• Moneycorp currency Transfers
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying property

The SIR visa has very few restrictions when you really look into it.
      Yes you can buy a house when you want, as Tyke says we did this in 3 days. You have to get FIRB approval but you just have that written into the contract(it can take upto 28 days but ours only took one week)

Yes you can buy a second house but it has to be Brand New.

Yes you can set up your own business all you need to do is apply for a ABN (australian business number)
      and away you go.

Don't be put off by what an agent says. A lot of agents know very little about the SIR visa.

If you need any more specific info just ask

Port Noarlunga
      36 times
      Hi there Liz,

you have no idea how happy that statement makes me. We can set up our own business. I'll start looking into it more then. I hoping to buy some land, have an architect draw up plans for a B & B, building it and then that's my husbands job basically. I'll go out and work :-(

It's miles away and zillions of research needing done, running a B & B might not even be that profitable. But I did think, if we set this up in his name, and I do still fulfil the SIR 495 criteria then surely it's safe to do this.

Ooo..love it when a plan comes together :-)

Thanks for the advice

Carol Ann

Hi there
      we are hoping to buy a house on our reccie trip later this year rather tahn rent for 6 months [partly because of our pets - more difficult to rent - and also as we would of been renting in the UK for a year and want/need to get back to owning our own place again. any info on mortgae companies to go for/ areas to look at etc please let us know. thanks
      visa 136 modl :D
      positive skills assessment on 5th march 2007
      visa submitted on 19th march - along with police checks
      hoping to have a case officer asap!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12