southern taxation services whats going on

Guest jetskitony

Guest jetskitony

anybody know whats happened to southern taxation services done our tax return over a month ago contacted the tax office to see why its taking so long they said it was paid to our accountant on 13 th october tried to get hold of southern taxation services but no one there answer machine says they are closed due to a family medical enmergency in the uk , but will be back open on the 8th november but still no one there, not happy at all.tony

Guest guest569

like you said Doug rushed back to UK for an urgent medical reason and is due back to work any time now. don't panick he's a great accountant but his only fault is he's never in a rush !!. Ive used him for 4 years now.

Guest jetskitony

this is still very bad for me as i paid a deposit on a holiday which was supposed to be next week and now because doug has got my money held in his account i have to cancel it and loose my holiday so i am very pissed of and out of pocket.tony

I'm surprised that your tax refund was sent to the accountant and not paid directly into your bank account. When I used to go to H&R Block for my tax returns in Aus (years ago) and when I ran a company in the UK any money due back from tax, VAT etc was never paid via the accountant.

Guest jetskitony
I'm surprised that your tax refund was sent to the accountant and not paid directly into your bank account. When I used to go to H&R Block for my tax returns in Aus (years ago) and when I ran a company in the UK any money due back from tax, VAT etc was never paid via the accountant.

i'm surprised by that as well but that is what the tax office said when i rang them to see where it was, said they paid it into my accountants bank account on 13th october.tony

I wouldn't worry - although I can understand your frustration and losing money through it is definitely pants.:sad:

Doug seems like a good guy and he's always treated us fairly and with integrity.

I think I would be more concerned re. the poor guy's emergency. We haven't got much family in the UK but it must be horrible to have to rush back for a medical emergency.

In fact I reckon it's pants all round!

Hope your holiday comes good JST.

LC

Guest Guest75
I wouldn't worry - although I can understand your frustration and losing money through it is definitely pants.:sad:

Doug seems like a good guy and he's always treated us fairly and with integrity.

I think I would be more concerned re. the poor guy's emergency. We haven't got much family in the UK but it must be horrible to have to rush back for a medical emergency.

In fact I reckon it's pants all round!

Hope your holiday comes good JST.

LC

I'll echo LC's sentiments.Doug is a good bloke with a great reputation,something drastic must have happened.

Guest PompeyPom
I'll echo LC's sentiments.Doug is a good bloke with a great reputation,something drastic must have happened.

We used Doug - he was very efficient with our tax returns and payment was made straight into our bank account within 14 days - we had to sign and give our bank details so this could happen. I agree with Tyke - something drastic must've happened and my thoughts are with him and his family.