Claim Back Child Care when get PR???

Guest shella_n

Guest shella_n

Hi All

Someone has just suggested to me that when and if I get PR (hopefully this will be via an onshore ENS) that we would be entitled to claim back 50% of our child care costs for up to a year before PR was granted.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

I will be dooing absolute carwheels if it is:jiggy:

Thanks

Michelle

Guest guest569

have to say i would be surprised. I think the oz goverment are very generous and if they thought you were entitled to it they would give it to you immediately not in a lump sum after PR.

I'm afraid unless the rules have changed in the last year this is not the case. I gained PR last November and wasn't able to claim anything back.

I would have been great if you could though as prob like you I would have got a lot of money back.

Guest shella_n

thanks guys. thats about what I thought. I never would had thought it was a possibility until someone said it to me and i wasnt so sure -hence asking all you helpful people.

Thanks. Pity though ...it would have been great it if was correct :(