Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Chelseadownunder

Thread: Free money

Hallett Cove
      135 times

Exclamation Free money

Free money...Not such a thing...

Hi Guys,

As we fast approach the end of the tax year I thought I should remind everyone of the Government Co Contribution into super available.
      This is where the government matches your personal contribution into super.
      It max`s out at $1000 for $1000 personal contribution and is on a sliding scale.
      For incomes from $31,920 to $61,920 the benefit decreases the more you earn.

The calculator link is below. You will need to enter a figure into the box that says if you are making personal contributions into super. I usually put $1000 and then at the end I get the figure the government will match. When I have this figure. Eg
      If your income is $40k for the tax year and you have no other income the calculator shows $731 at the end.

Therefore if you pay in $731 this is the estimated figure you will get matched.

You need to have some income however small to get the co contribution. I did the calculator with an income of $1 and you still get $1000 for $1000.

This should not be taken as financial advice. Each persons circumstances is different.
      Last edited by Chelseadownunder; 26-05-2011 at 02:58 AM.
      Mainds Family likes this.
      Steven Guy - UK Pension transfer, Superannuation, Life Insurance, Investment, Self managed Super & Mortgage advice. FIN 231Technical Analysis, Currently taking Masters in Finance.
      Financial Adviser Australia Member FPA (Advanced Diploma) (Self managed Super)

94 times
      Not too sure how the whole pension thing works. I currently have an NHS pension and don't know if it's best to freeze it or transfer it? All seems very complicated to me!!
      Rmhn, hubby carpenter