Hello everyone from the sunny (for once) South East!

I've got to do my UK tax return even though I've not worked in the UK since March 2010

As I obviously pay income tax here in Oz how do I avoid paying it back in Blighty too?

Also, as the mrs and I receive an income from renting our UK house out do I split this income in half in the same way you do for bank interest?

Bloody confusing, can't understand why they want this as I haven't lived there for over a year!