Budget Spreadsheet

Guest mark.bishop

Guest mark.bishop

Please find attached a budget spreadsheet - this is only as I find it here in Oz

It gives people an idea on prices of everyday living - you can change the costs but be aware things always cost more than you think

Any help let me know, happy to assist

First stab at this so be kind and remember this is our families findings and yes we do budget shop, only buy necessities, fruit/veg at markets and meat at wholesale butchers.

The Family Assistance link doesnt work - will work on an update

budget.zip

thankyou, this is excellent,well thought out spreadsheet/budget. It is funny you kind of guess how much it will cost you for rent a month etc.. . However seeing it in the black and white allways helps you to realize on how much you will need.

Fab, really well done

Thanks agin

Please find attached a budget spreadsheet - this is only as I find it here in Oz

It gives people an idea on prices of everyday living - you can change the costs but be aware things always cost more than you think

Any help let me know, happy to assist

First stab at this so be kind and remember this is our families findings and yes we do budget shop, only buy necessities, fruit/veg at markets and meat at wholesale butchers.

The Family Assistance link doesnt work - will work on an update

Just wanted to say that was heally helpful - cheers:notworthy:

• 1 month later...

Hi Mark,

That is one excellent spreadsheet, so informative- Thank you. :notworthy:

Can you give you view on how to view the exchange rate. Since 2005/6 the £ v $ has dropped about 40%. However, the Aussie cost of living has not changed (or wages) by 40%. How on earth then can we try and do a comparison that offsets or mitigates the exchange rate factor?

Thanks

IrishStew (OH)

Hi Mark,

That is one excellent spreadsheet, so informative- Thank you. :notworthy:

Can you give you view on how to view the exchange rate. Since 2005/6 the £ v $ has dropped about 40%. However, the Aussie cost of living has not changed (or wages) by 40%. How on earth then can we try and do a comparison that offsets or mitigates the exchange rate factor?

Thanks

IrishStew (OH)

Don't worry about the exchange rate, this only affects you once, when you change your money up and come over (unless you still have income coming in from uk when u get here)

You will be earning $$'s and spending $$'s its so much easier when u start thinking in $$'S

This has proved really useful as I had done a rough estimate using our own UK bills but it has been good to see the items I had missed and how much more car insurance is in Oz.

The good thing is that using my bills etc. we were not too far out as things seemed to balance out some things cheaper other things more expensive.

Guest Helchops

That's fantastic!

I'd pretty much done my own spreadsheet with estimates, and I'm really happy to see that I was pretty accurate with my estimates. The only area I was way out was groceries. We'd allowed $800.00 a month - but I see it's costing you much more. Do you think $800 is totally unreasonable for a family of two adults, a small child and a small dog?!

Carlie, Dan & Helena

Guest sarahtwinn82

wow you worked hard on that, hope it helps newbies to get some understanding. If it helps anyone I'm a nurse and I earn, $69,000 a year and my rent is $350 a week and thats a big 4 bedroomed place about 15 mins drive from the nearest beach. My hubbys a radiographer he earns about the same as me. Please remember if you come on a 457 visa you are entitled to NO government finiancial support what so ever.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest migrating from norwich

The other thing to remember here is the timing of some expenditure for example car registration would be payable for 3 lor 12 months, rates are by quarter etc. Sometimes that is what catches you out!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ozdreamsa

I did not realize how good and well planned the spredsheet was until I had a close look into it. Thank you so much. At least we are getting real numbers on a possible income and outcome.