Getting money out of UK account when we do our reccie?

jodipodi

Hi to all, can someone point me to the correct thread or give me some advice please?.....

We are doing a reccie in April next year and some money is due to be credited to our account whilst we are over in Oz. Now what Im wanting to know is how do we get to this money? Do we need to topen an Australian bank account first before we come out so that we can transfer it from our UK account? If so, how do we do this-do I do it via our Aus bank who will get it transferred over or do I do it via our UK bank (natwest)............some financial advice needed pretty please cos Im rather oblivious when it comes to this sort of thing.

Cheers guys

Hi to all, can someone point me to the correct thread or give me some advice please?.....

We are doing a reccie in April next year and some money is due to be credited to our account whilst we are over in Oz. Now what Im wanting to know is how do we get to this money? Do we need to topen an Australian bank account first before we come out so that we can transfer it from our UK account? If so, how do we do this-do I do it via our Aus bank who will get it transferred over or do I do it via our UK bank (natwest)............some financial advice needed pretty please cos Im rather oblivious when it comes to this sort of thing.

Cheers guys

We have opened a Hsbc account in uk ,we go in september but our account is already open and we have got our cards pins and cheque books the account is up and running,we can use hundreds of cash machines in oz free of charge

HiWhen we did our reccie we opened an account with commonwealth bank in Glenelg with $50. Then got back to UK and transferred what we needed into the account. When u transfer u need to do it from the bank where the money is coming from. Saying that it is normal about 25 gbp for the transfer and you get a poor exchange rate. We used an fx broker (which is free if transferring more than $5k and u call them to get a rate and then transfer the money from ur account to theirs (they banked with Barclays) and they forward it to your account in aus.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peachie

Hi We opened an account with westpac while in UK and validated it in person while on a reckie and HiFX transfered money into that account no probs prior to that on 2 prior reckies we just used our nationwide cash card in aussie ATMs shops and got cash backs with no probs or charges