Money Transfer

jim&nik

I've used ozforex many times and would recommend them. No charges for £6000 or above, and it's only about £6 charge if below that. They give much better rates than the banks too.

You just set up an account online, then they'll phone you to verify it, and possibly ask for a scan of your passport, and then you're ready to go.

Takes about 3-4 days from transferring to them and it arriving in your oz account.

Hi,

I used Tor FX twice and they have been good. Very quick transfers when we needed the cash ASAP for land settlements etc.

My advice would be to register with 2 or 3 exchange companies, (we had moneycorp registered too) and then call them all when you want to transfer and play them off to get the best rate. Remeber they will trade at slightly below what the markets say the rate is-but they are still better than the banks. Can you believe ANZ charged me $40 to put money in my account? The banks have a lot to learn here! That said, they were brilliant with our mortgage.

You can set up ANZ acounts (and probably others too) while you are still in the UK) Then you just activate the when you get here and you are ready to go with debit cards etc, instantly. You also have somewhere to transfer your money to!

Guest Peachie

Hi Jim & Nik

Just done a tranfer with HiFX set up an online account in 10 mins and took a couple of mins to do I set a rate I was ok as we were chatting the rate went in my favour the exchange was done there and then e mailed my contract and gave me 10days to pay took me ten min to transfer from Nation wide to there barclays account and the cash will be in westpac in a couple of days no fuss no charge and got much better rates than bank!!!!

Have used HiFX twice once from UK and the syndey office today would defo use them again brill service!!!!