Holiday/reccie Cash

Guest jeannie oxford

Guest jeannie oxford

Am Coming Over With My Family In Feb For 3 Weeks Reccie And Wondered How We Should Bring Our Aus Dollars. Should We Get Them All Here Before We Set Off? Was In Thailand A Couple Of Years Ago And Just Used The Atm With My Uk Bank Pin No And Got Out Thai Baht No Problem. Can We Do That In Adelaide? How Soon Should I Order My Dollars From The Bank If I Need To Bring It All With Me? I Did Plan To Go To Bank This Week To Check It All Out But Had A Car Crash On Tue And Am Confined To Barracks This Week. So I Am Very Grateful For Any Info As I Only Have The Computer For Company At Present - Get The Violins Out Somebody!

Jeannie

Hi when we holidayed in Perth a few years ago we had a couple of hundred aussie dollars and mainly used a Nationwide Credit Card and cash card - I remember the exchange rate we got at the time was pretty reasonable and there was no charge for using the card abroad. We have been here 4 months now and still have some small change in our Nationwide account - infact grandparents use it and deposit money for birthdays and christmas which we in turn withdraw over here and giveto/spend on the children.

It worked for us and infact when we went home I remember thinking 'wow we didn't spend as much as I thought!'

Hope this helps

Lindsey