child benefit

Guest coleman

Guest coleman

Could anyone help as we ae coming over in May and as my husband hasnt got a job yet having a bit of a panic. I have read that you can claim child benefit if your are on a permanent visa. We have been granted Class BN subclass 137 skilled state Territory Nominated independent visa, which we believe is a permanent visa but as they have stopped doing this visa now we cant find any information about it to double check.

Anybody else going on the same visa or have any information about it or how the child benefit works. i would really appreciate any help.

Cheers

Debbie:confused:

Guest Guest1435

Sorry , must be having a malteser moment- I thought that if you go to Oz under PR that you couldn't claim benefits for 2 years. I take it I need to cancel child benefit in the UK then ?????

Cheers:confused: