can anyone recommend Pensions advisor

Guest trall

My husband and I have bits of pensions with different companies and haven't got a clue about what to do with them when we come down, we want to get some pensions advice and wondered if anyone could recommend someone who we could approach.

Guest keith&ju

We are using Prism Xpat, we have various pensions dotted around all over the place, some money purchase, some final salary.... we got some really good advice from them and they are handling the whole pension process for us. They also give advice on your financial circumstances aswell (shares, savings, existing loans, money exchange etc) which was really useful. www.prismxpat.com

My husband and I have bits of pensions with different companies and haven't got a clue about what to do with them when we come down, we want to get some pensions advice and wondered if anyone could recommend someone who we could approach.

Hi Trall

The first piece of advice I give potential clients enquiring about Pensions transfers is wait until you have been in Australia for a while before you start embarking on the process.

Once a Pension is transferred to Australia it cannot be transferred back if you return to the UK because you do not find Australia is what you are hoping for etc, this can be even more important for people with final salary schemes.

There is no rush to transfer and unless someone has a significant amount in their fund (over $450,000 (this being the contribution cap for under age 65)) then it can wait until you are in Australia.

When are you coming to Adelaide?

This might be of interest to you http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/money-finance/29293-pia-free-uk-pension-transfer-seminar.html http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/money-finance/29293-pia-free-uk-pension-transfer-seminar.html

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...