PIA - Free UK Pension Transfer Seminar

Hello

I used to hold Seminars around the UK Pension Transfer process quarterly but scaled back due to both time constraints and lack of take up.

There have been some legislation changes recently to UK Pensions and also some proposals for changes to Pension transfers by the UK government proposed to commence in April this year.

Since this is the case and as I have had a number of recent enquiries from people regarding what should be done with people's UK Pensions I thought I would see if there would be interest in people attending one.

I am thinking around the beginning of March(ish) and usually hold them on a Saturday mid-morning around 11am 2 mins outside the City.

The Seminar is free to attend usually runs for around 45-60 mins and refreshments are provided.

It covers off on what you will need to understand when considering transferring your UK Pension to Australia as certainly this can be a very complex area and quite daunting for people.

This is a non-pressured environment and gives unbiased informative information, I have heard many times of people being pressured or misguided about having to transfer within certain time periods to avoid hefty taxes etc.

The presentation helps you understand the pro's and con's of UK Pension Transfers.

Please let me know if you feel this would be of interest to you.

Regards

Andy

Guest Heather2011
Hello

I used to hold Seminars around the UK Pension Transfer process quarterly but scaled back due to both time constraints and lack of take up.

There have been some legislation changes recently to UK Pensions and also some proposals for changes to Pension transfers by the UK government proposed to commence in April this year.

Since this is the case and as I have had a number of recent enquiries from people regarding what should be done with people's UK Pensions I thought I would see if there would be interest in people attending one.

I am thinking around the beginning of March(ish) and usually hold them on a Saturday mid-morning around 11am 2 mins outside the City.

The Seminar is free to attend usually runs for around 45-60 mins and refreshments are provided.

It covers off on what you will need to understand when considering transferring your UK Pension to Australia as certainly this can be a very complex area and quite daunting for people.

This is a non-pressured environment and gives unbiased informative information, I have heard many times of people being pressured or misguided about having to transfer within certain time periods to avoid hefty taxes etc.

The presentation helps you understand the pro's and con's of UK Pension Transfers.

Please let me know if you feel this would be of interest to you.

Regards

Andy

Can you not come to the UK? lol...

We would be interested in getting info, have no idea though about my rosta for March yet.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa

Hi Andy, we would definitly be interested thank you.

No problem.

Yep, would also be interested

Great.

I'll firm up some dates as we go dependent upon numbers interested.

Cheers,

Andy

Guest vetinoz

Hi, I would also be interested, but again, not sur eon my roster. Just to confimr, are you talking about transferring a uk pension scheme that has been paid into, or the uk pension that you can buy 'top up years' to pay out as a uk pension at retirement age (not sure if that makes sense, but have heard that you can do this?)

Rachel

Hi, I would also be interested, but again, not sur eon my roster. Just to confimr, are you talking about transferring a uk pension scheme that has been paid into, or the uk pension that you can buy 'top up years' to pay out as a uk pension at retirement age (not sure if that makes sense, but have heard that you can do this?)

Rachel

That's fine Rachel, I'll update the thread with dates as mentioned depending upon take up.

The presentation is mainly on private pensions, i.e personal schemes (market linked) and employer schemes (final salary).

However I do actually add on a bit at the end re the UK State Pension and how it operates when in Oz and also how to maximise benefits.

Regards

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening,

Where did February go!!!!

I am now proposing a date of Saturday 24th March, with a start time of 10.30am.

As mentioned the presentation is in the Professional Investment Services offices on Fullarton Rd in Kent Town.

Please let me know if you want to attend and how many seats you would like reserved.

Kind regards,

Andy