• Moneycorp currency Transfers
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 11 to 11 of 11
    1. #11

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      May 2008
      561 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Family View Post
      Can I just check - on your first property purchase is it only if you hold a permenant visa that you do not pay the Stamp Duty and the FHOG ($7000)? In other words would we have the same benefits on a tempory visa?

      Hi Andrew Family

      The stamp duty in SA is paid by both permanent and temporary residents on the purchase of a property. If someone were to buy land to build a home the stamp duty is only payable on the land thus reducing it by quite a bit.

      The FHOG is only payable to permanent residents (http://www.revenuesa.sa.gov.au/fhog/index.html) and is capped at $575,000.

      There may also be eligiblity for the First Home Bonus Grant (FHBG) if building of up to $4,000 (caps to land/build price apply).

      If someone obtains permanent residency 12 months after purchase/build then the grants may be able to be claimed retrospectively.


      Last edited by Andrew from Vista Financial; 13-02-2012 at 09:57 PM.
      Director - Vista Financial Services - Financial Advisor and Mortgage Advisor for Poms in Adelaide - UK Pension Transfers / Financial Advice / Mortgage Advice
      Andrew@vistafs.com.au FPA & MFAA Member, Adv Dip FP www.vistafs.com.au Ph: 08 8381 7177


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Similar Threads

    1. Aviation career advice/net-working advice please
      By snowy10 in forum Jobs & Careers
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: 14-06-2011, 05:24 PM
    2. OAA, any advice
      By andi in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 02-06-2010, 11:24 AM
    3. new and in need of advice
      By topcat1 in forum Welcome
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 04-05-2008, 02:23 PM
    4. Advice please!!
      By caffhall in forum Welcome
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 16-04-2008, 01:12 PM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums