Regular Transfer of Money

Misplaced

Hi All,

Well we have been to the expo at Birmingham and found it useful on many things but not for jobs :(

Anyway, the reason for the post is - We are going to setup a bank account with NAB before we go to Oz and I want to make regular deposits into it and what I want to know is did anyone use Moneycorp or a company similar to this? If so, how did you find it worked? Or did you just transfer straight from your bank in the UK to your account in Oz? I think this is more expensive but maybe wrong.

Look forward to your answers.

Cheers,

Mis

I basically looked at most of the online broker companies and chose the one that gave the best rate at the time which was World First. If you transfer over £5k there is no transfer fee (so you just pay the exchange rate they quote you which is probably adjusted for the fee anyway but the rate always seems good), you can do it all online if you want or speak to them in their English or Australian office. I imagine most are the same as this but I have only used World First and would recommend then

• 1 month later...
Guest Delaneym

i have agreed a regular monthly amount for a year to be transferred from lloyds tsb account to my westpac account i set up at an expo for a year through hifx. I am very happy with the process dont know if i have the best deal but we agreed the rate at the beginning and i got a statement through this morning and i now have a nice amount building up. after a year i can carry on or cancel it. i am hoping to be in oz by then so maybe wouldnt need it but there will be times i need to transfer money backwards and forwards as I have sons in uk. pm me if you want anymore info :)

Guest leeannekays

Our account is with NAB and we transfer through Moneycorp. Did our firs transfer yesterday and all went smoothly, money Corp explained it step by step with me o I understand the process of how it works now. Would recommend.

Leeanne