School fees?

Guest sunny nat

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hey there

Sorry if you have had to read this sort of thread again as I bet this is a common question, but how much are school fees and healthcare in Adelaide?

What type of school fees are you looking at, they are different for each school, even public schools have different charges...eg the public school mine goes to is $380 a yr. Doctors appt vary too, some even "bulk bill" which menas you pay nothing.

sarag

Guest Guest75
:)hi guys , just a quick question on your thread about school fee's, is it standard that everyone pays school fees or does it depend what visa you go on??

Everyone pays fees.:)

Doesn't matter what visa or if you are a full citizen,you will have to pay what the school asks.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I just went to look at the bill for mine..I know it came but dont know where I put it:chatterbox:.

As the kids get older it gets more. When daughter was yr 9 it was less than my son in yr 11.

sarah

Secondary public school charge around $500 (yr 9) it can go up depending on activities your child does.

Doctors sometimes bulk bill which means you dont have to pay anything up front, the doctors bill medicare directly for your fees, if the surgery doesn't offer bulk billing you can expect to pay around $40-$50 for a consultation, the reciept can then be taken to medicare who will then reimburse you, though not always the full cost of what you have paid.

Guest Trakki

I have been reading this with interest as we have 4 children, only 2 school age at mo. Was wondering if they do a dicount type thing if you have more than one child in the school, heres hoping!! :wacko::notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

School fees are set by the state, the standard amount for primary is about $160 and about $250 for secondary. On top of this the schools can set other levies for building works, libraries etc. these extra charges have to be approved by the school community via the school management committee. my children's fees at primary school were about 250 each and the high school they would have gone to charged 450 per child. The fees at primary school cover stationary, which is given out at the start of the year. I f it runs out you have to buy more. For secondary you have to buy the stationary and some text book if a work book is needed. If you send your children to private schools you have to pay for everything but some do have text book hire schemes.

Hi there, just looking at your signature strip and noticed that you sent medicals and police checks before you were allocated a case officer. I know they advise you not to, but I was thinking about frontloading everything together and just wondered how you found it, was it ok?

oh and if you earn an extremely low amount there is a thing called the school card scheme where the gov pays most of the compulsory part for you. You would need to eligible, depends what your visa is like. If you are eligible for centrelink benefits then large family allowance is now paid to families with 3 or more children, on top of family allowance. I think you need to have a permanent residency to have this.

Rachel

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zx6roo

The private schools do discounts for every child you send there after the 1st one, they do installments if you are having difficulty paying and have a set amount of places for low income familes who pay less.

I pay $6,000 a yr for my daughter (daycare cost me $14,000 a yr so it's not that bad), everything including pencils, rubbers, glue, books, field trips, camps, etc is included). The 2nd child is 80%, the 3rd 70% and so on. If you have 4 or more you get a huge discount.

Glad to read the info on the public schools. My daughter goes to private soley because we move house every 12 months and she needs some stability but will look into public when we settle down.

• 1 month later...
Guest katsmajic

There are private and public schools, you pay for both, obviously less for the public schools - (regular government schools)

They break it down pro rata if you start mid year/term, we just paid $144 for Moana primary, as daughter has just started so has missed a term, im still waiting for Seaford 6-12 fee's...got 2 there (gulp)

Moana kindy is $55 a term.

Oldest son has been told to apply for a school card as he wants to do a VET course - no idea as yet what/how to do/go about that yet...