• Moneycorp currency Transfers
  • Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      87 times

      send back the cheque to an UK bank/building society

      Hi all
      I got unexpected "winfall" from Tax Office in the UK, a cheque of nearly 10 K pound. Apparently this's the tax refund from my redudancy money. Instead of sending the money through to the bank, they sent me a cheque to my address in Australia. As the exchange rate still poor, I am thinking sending the cheque back to my building society back in the UK, as I still have the account open. Has anybody done the same thing? Should I just post the cheque and they will put the money into my account?

      Vetassess passed: 28 March 2008
      VISA 475 GRANTED: 15/05/09
      Permanent resident: Dec 2012
      Previously lived in Campbelltown, since October 2013 moved to Melbourne, but still loves Adelaide.

    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Highbury, SA
      4221 times
      Have you got family or friends back in the UK that you could post it to, then they could take it into your bank and pay it in for you? That's what we do.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****



    Similar Threads

    1. What is the best way to send money back to the UK?
      By westie1972 in forum Money & Finance
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 13-06-2012, 09:09 AM
    2. Send some back our way.....
      By HEAPS GOOD !!! in forum Aussie Chat
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 27-06-2010, 10:59 AM
    3. Send the crims back
      By Guest5035 in forum Aussie Chat
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 03-01-2010, 10:18 AM
    4. Phoning a UK Building Society
      By Murphysegg in forum Aussie Chat
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 01-08-2009, 08:24 AM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums