NAB vs Westpac

Guest Shandalina

Guest Shandalina

Hi everyone

Could anyone advise which is the better bank to go with and why ? or possibly suggest any others that are an alternative option.

Many thanks in advance !

Guest The sparky

Don't know about NAB but Banked with westpac for four years and they are useless. Commonwealth bank are good. Bank SA and St George for my Business Accounts are Good (part of westpac but not run by idiots).

We are with ANZ and have been happy with them - I really like their internet banking and the mobile banking app they have. We opened the account from the UK and activated it once we get here. They also have a 24 hour phone banking service.

One thing to consider when you open an account is the location of cash machines for the bank as all the banks charge for using a cash machine belonging to another bank. If you know where you are likely to be living or working it's worth checking out if your chosen bank have cash machines located near home or work.

Hey,

We have been with Westpac arriving 5 years ago...never had a problem with them! Have received great service here and while in the UK when cards were blocked! Also when my Paypal account got hacked Westpac were first to act noticing strange activity on my account and notified me within a quick time!

and the main thing is i have never paid a fee for anything!!

Dan

Guest jones1541

Weve just opened an account with NAB and they seem friendly. We have someone contacting all the time helping us with how it all works, ready for our move in the new year.

Guest Shandalina

Many thanks to everyone for their input - lots of possitive feedback on NAB . Im thinking of renting in the Highbury area so will look at location of cash machines ( thanks NicF)

Many thanks to everyone for their input - lots of possitive feedback on NAB . Im thinking of renting in the Highbury area so will look at location of cash machines ( thanks NicF)

We went with NAB, so far all set up very easy, internet banking and apps all looking good. No charges when using moneycorp. Collecting our cards in Brisbane before going on to Adelaide.

NAB customers can also use rediATM without any charges.

​IrishStew