anyone have a bank card reader we can borrow?

Guest Claire-n-tel

Guest Claire-n-tel

HELP!

we are trying to transfer some money via moneycorp from the uk to australia, our bank in the uk have just informed us we cannot move money unless we use a card reader and we can get one from our branch (helpfull we are the other side of the world!):arghh:

we have never had one of these and never heard of them til today :err: but reading up on them sounds like we can use anyone as long as we enter our pin number so i am wondering if anyone has one we could borrow urgently?

waiting in hope!

claire-tel :cute:

Guest Claire-n-tel
May be helpful to tell us which bank you are with, as I presume they are all different.

I'm with Barclays and they sent me a new card reader a few weeks back. Now I have two. God knows why they felt I needed another one. Surprised your bank won't send you one.

hi

we are with nationwide but apparently they are not bank specific, as long as it reads the card and the correct pin number it should work :huh:

the bank can send us one but it will take a couple of weeks to get it and we are trying to transfer money urgently!

aghhh! i hate banks! it is our money but we can get it!

are you in adelaide? if so could we borrow or buy one of yours? :unsure:

Guest Claire-n-tel
Hi, I use nationwide and have always used my "memorable data", just have to click tab on website, there is normally a box on top right of web page, last time I used Moneycorp was about 8 months ago, but log in to nationwide regularly.

hi Ging!

we have to use memorable data to log onto our account to do stuff but we haven't transfered money from there to money corp before and it is a large amount, we spent almost an hour on the phone to nationwide last night and there is no way we can transfer money to them without a card reader aghhh! thanks tho!

Guest Claire-n-tel

hi all!

thanks for the replies, we've managed to sort it out now thanks! HUGE thankyou to Andy Williams on here who kindly let us use his card reader which worked great!

cheers

claire-n-tel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Claire-n-tel
No worries, glad to have helped and thanks for the box of Favorites :)

Thanks again Andy! after all that panic it all worked perfectly, the money arrived in our Australian account the next morning! We are now the proud owners of Kitty the camperva :wink: