i seem to be going round in circles on the Internet and getting nowhere with my UK bank. We have substantial savings from the sale of our house which will be used to purchase a house in Adelaide once the rates improve, however, initially we will be leaving it in the Uk.
1. Do we pay tax on interest earned on it in Australia and the Uk or do we pay it in the country it is in? For example, if we have to pay it in Australia then we can complete a form as non evidences to earn gross interst in uk.
2. When the funds are moved to Oz to buy a house are there any tax implications?
3. Does anyone still pay their national insurance to ensure that they will get a uk state pension? It's worth checking as the contributions are very small (about £100 per year). a form via the inland revenue website will confirm total contributions made so far. I have 19 years (need 30 yrs to qualify) so well worth the next 11 years for the £ 150 ish per week in years to come.
4. Can anyone recommend a share dealing service based in Oz that deals in UK equities? We have shares in a uk company that we don't want to sell but need to move to oz...
5. If no one has any info on the above can you recommend a tax specialist or financial adviser that we can contact?
Many thanks and sorry for the very dull post.....