Anyone been mugged by banks

nikkinoodlesuk

Hi all

I recently transferred some money from my Oz bank account to a British account to have it returned minus $200 which I

can only put down to variable exchange rate, has anyone else experienced this.

I have transferred money a few times in the 4yrs we've been here without any problem but I tried sending money to my Dad and I got an email saying payment cancelled by recipient bank and refunded at a different exchange rate losing me money. My Dad contacted his bank which had no explanation plus they charged me 32GBP for the privilage well pee'd off.

I ended up transferring the money through telephone banking as I was worried I'd keep losing money and achieve nothing, be interested to know if anyone else has experienced the same problems..

Nikki