• Moneycorp currency Transfers

0 times

Thumbs up UK mortgage, working for Australian company, paid in AUD

Hi All,

I've been working in Adelaide for some time, it's a lovely place but we've decided that it's time to return to the UK. We're heading back in a couple of months. The company I work for have generously said that I can continue to work for them from the UK, I'll continue with the same contract and so will continue to be paid in AUD.

I'll need to arrange a mortgage in the UK, this is not straightforward given my income will be in AUD whereas the loan will be in GBP. Does anyone know if there are lenders out there that would offer this service? The loan would be for around 150K GBP.

561 times

Generally if you are looking to borrow money via a mortgage against security i.e property in the UK it would have to be a UK lender that assists, as far as I know there are not any Aussie lenders that will lend against a UK property.

Director - Vista Financial Services - Financial Advisor and Mortgage Advisor for Poms in Adelaide - UK Pension Transfers / Financial Advice / Mortgage Advice
      Andrew@vistafs.com.au FPA & MFAA Member, Adv Dip FP www.vistafs.com.au Ph: 08 8381 7177