leaving debt

Guest sammie

Guest sammie

:embarrassed: i would like to know do u hav to have all your debts paid of before you go to oz as owhen we have sold our house we wont have much left so we were thinking about getting a loan to support us until we find jobs any advice most grateful:) its just with having 2 kids rather be safe than sorry cheers

Guest caoimhe

I'm really not sure on the answer but thinking about it, if you were using a family members address in the UK and were paying the loan how would they know or query it!!

Guest jill wright

Hi

A friend who is a financial advisor told us he advisd one of his friends who emigrated not to bother paying his credit cads off cos they wouldn,t be able to trace him unless he came back to england which would take a while anyway. However he did say loans are a different matter so be careful

Jill

Guest sammie
Hi

A friend who is a financial advisor told us he advisd one of his friends who emigrated not to bother paying his credit cads off cos they wouldn,t be able to trace him unless he came back to england which would take a while anyway. However he did say loans are a different matter so be careful

Jill

i would still pay the payments is just i thought that u wud not be able to get your visa if you had debts in this country thanks sam

Guest caoimhe
i would still pay the payments is just i thought that u wud not be able to get your visa if you had debts in this country thanks sam

We have a lot of debt that we will not be able to pay off until we sell our house and we wont sell the house until after we get the visa !!!

I am not telling you to 'do a runner' without paying what you owe (although sometimes I wish I had the nerve) but if you are planning on continuing paying your debts why would they even look at your account, lets face it banks and financial institutions don't care as long as they are getting back what they expect

Guest sammie
We have a lot of debt that we will not be able to pay off until we sell our house and we wont sell the house until after we get the visa !!!

I am not telling you to 'do a runner' without paying what you owe (although sometimes I wish I had the nerve) but if you are planning on continuing paying your debts why would they even look at your account, lets face it banks and financial institutions don't care as long as they are getting back what they expect

true wear r u going in adelaide and when do u intend on going and did u go on holiday first to see wat it was like we were thinking about going on holiday first but by the time u pay for that u cud ov paid for ur visa:)

Guest caoimhe

I have 2 uncles there and have been there on hols once but stephen and the kids haven't. My family are in Salisbury and Salisbury Heights (north Adelaide) so will stick to somewhere near them to begin with. We have been thinking about it for 6 years but I never had the guts to make that final decision even now i am terrified but have to give it a go. We have a case officer and meds sent so matter of waiting now. We are putting the house up in May so will go when it's sold as can't afford to go without selling it

Guest jill wright

Same here Jaq only we have just sent visa application off but putting house up for sale straight away cos aren't going anywhere till it sells

Jill

Guest graandjac

When we were on our reccie we met a guy who said he had left 20k ish in dedt , had been back twice and its never been mentioned again , :wacko:i guess its a case of how big are your b***s....! and would it back fire if you had to come back and start again here........????. Cheers Graham

Guest graandjac

;)We have a mate who often runs up credit card debt but never goes over £500.00 and it never gets followed up he just keeps on doing it year after year. Cheers Graham

Guest soggy

This is interesting, I still have a uk credit card, maybe when I go back to visit I will stay at the Savoy and hire a limo then post it back to them.:)

Simon:):):)

Guest Guest75

We paid all off before leaving.

We'd bought some nice furniture before leaving and they threw finance at us.

Tempting as it was it all was paid off.Just in case they could come and get you/give probs here or await your return.

Glad we did as we have had to make several trips back to the UK for family illness issues.We felt a lot easier about things.

Sleeping easy was one of our goals here.

International boundaries are shrinking daily and I reckon it's only time before a "Global credit history" evolves.

Guest Nick11

My sis is a top boss at experian so knows all about this. After 7 years your debt is written off. The chances are the company your debt is with will write it off if its under 5 grand - HOWEVER there is nothing to stop the company selling on the debt to a third party who can track you down - apparently companies are developing more and more sophisticated ways to track you down.

We owed about 4 grand on our egg credit card and my sis told us that company is a bugger for getting you.

We paid it off as the thought of a knock at the door in the future and the worry of always looking over your shoulder worried the hell out of me.

At the end of the day I couldn't have lived with myself knowing I'd taken money and not paid it back.

Guest ali@51

Just to through a spanner in the works:wacko: not sure the question should be can you leave them but should you leave them!!!:policeman:

We all know banks/credit card comp. will get their money back one way or another and if you walk leaving debts they will re-coup the outlay by giving some pore s*d (who has worked just as hard always payed his debts and is probably worse off than you) extra charges/ higher fees/ higher intres rates. Not sure leaving 20/40k debts is anything to admire!!!!!

Guest jill wright
Just to through a spanner in the works:wacko: not sure the question should be can you leave them but should you leave them!!!:policeman:

We all know banks/credit card comp. will get their money back one way or another and if you walk leaving debts they will re-coup the outlay by giving some pore s*d (who has worked just as hard always payed his debts and is probably worse off than you) extra charges/ higher fees/ higher intres rates. Not sure leaving 20/40k debts is anything to admire!!!!!

Did anyone say it was !!!!! This is a forum where info is exchanged and I was merely passing on something I'd heard wasn't implying anyone should actually do it

Jill

Guest Nick11

Personally I believe if you take on a debt -it should be repaid - no matter how much money the company makes.

I think its just plain wrong to take money without paying it back.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Did anyone say it was !!!!! This is a forum where info is exchanged and I was merely passing on something I'd heard wasn't implying anyone should actually do it

Jill

No need to shout Jill, had a few frothy ones this arvo and trying to get a little rest;)

Guzzler

Guest jill wright

Sorry just making a point (wow how big does that writing look)

might have a few frothy ones myself this aft that is when we've got the painting out of the way in order to sell the house (although might have a few frothy ones while we're actually doing it might get done quicker that way)

Jill

Guest sammie

can i just say i started this thread and i did not say any thing about leaving debt i asked about having ongoing debt i have a hsbc account after all im only the other side ov the world not moving to mars so will be able to still pay it . and my replies wer,nt telling me to rip anyone off just stating facts what they new and heard after all this is what its all about

Guest jill wright

My thoughts exactly Sammie

May I say looking at the number of views this thread has received within 24 hrs its been an issue many are interested in

Jill

Guest ali@51

Jill[/quout**

my my did I hit a nerve!!!!!! you are quite right it is a forum where information(and opinions) is exchanged. You got my opinion and I stand by it:p. Dont recal mentioning your name spesificly! by the way my typing is big because my eldest is patialy sighted and has taken to liking reading my posts. She can't read a smaller font with ease.

Guest jill wright

I think you need to read these posts more carefully yourself I was actually commenting to Graham how big the size of my font looks. get a glass of wine and calm yourself down and remember what this forums all about. Getting a better life for us all

Jillx

Guest Django
May I say looking at the number of views this thread has received within 24 hrs its been an issue many are interested in

Most of the views have been from me I reckon :biglaugh: just making sure everyone is being nice. :unsure:

I must say I haven't seen anyone suggesting that Sammie should 'do a runner' so to speak. I'd love to as it would give us more money to get going over there. But I don't want to burn any bridges. :policeman:

Pete