• Moneycorp currency Transfers
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 11 to 13 of 13
    1. #11
      alan smallman
      Bex & Nick

      Thank you both also for your reply and helpful pointers. We really appreciate the help you and Paul have given us on this one.



    2. #12
      No probs, or that should probably be No worries, hope it helps!!

    3. #13

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      May 2008
      561 times
      Hi Alan

      Yes if you meet the residential requirements then you are entitled to recieve the a government pension at pension age currently 65 for men (like Uk) and increasing for women to 65 (like UK) via phasing, if born after 1/1/1949 then 65!

      However it is means tested as mentioned above. There is an assets test and an income test.

      Again like the UK the government is trying to encourage people to fund their own retirements hence the generous mandatory 9% superannuation guarantee contribution by employers.

      You can also contribute further to your own superannuation fund (pension Uk equivalent) however there are limits and different ways of doing so to gain maximum tax advantages.

      Will you be a permanet resident initially or temporary Alan?


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums