• Moneycorp currency Transfers
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree4Likes

Thread: telstra broadband connection

Port Noarlunga, Adelaide, South Australia
      1900 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      Ok there is no such thing as a credit rating like we have in the UK, over here it's a credit report and you don't have one until you actually apply for credit. On the credit report it says whether or not you applied for credit but it won't divulge whether you received it or not. As you are new to the country if you really have no choice but to go with Telstra (since they brought this new scheme in for new arrivals it's crap for lots of people so I would recommend going elsewhere) then a way around it is to apply for your phone line first (don't mention the internet to them) once you have this you are then a telstra established customer and should have no problem in then applying for the internet.
      I cannot guarantee this will work 101% but it has worked for most of the new arrivals I know. I am just glad there weren't so many hoops to jump through when we moved over
      The credit report is so important. Having a fixed phone line scores you points when you apply for a mortgage too!
      We first started out with Optus as Telstra were full of it! Applying for small credit items from stores like Radio Rentals etc soon gives you a credit rating.

Adelaide Furnished Rentals. MIGRANT and HOLIDAY HOMES with unlimited internet in popular PORT NOARLUNGA. Walk to beaches, shops, stations. McLaren Vale 12, city 30 mins, beaches 2 mins away. Longer rentals (3 to 12 month) at discounted rates. Australian Business Number: 65261457068

Morphett Vale
      346 times
      Quote Originally Posted by brogs12 View Post

I am not sure where you are in Adelaide, but I would look at Adam Internet - www.adam.com.au. They are an Adelaide based ISP and offer great service. I think as long as you have a credit or debit card that you set up a direct debit with, they will sign you up without a credit report as such.
      I've been with Adam for years and can say that their service has been excellent. However, I understand that earlier this year, they were bought out by Telstra!!! No change in my service..............so far.

Southern Hemisphere
      557 times
      The Telstra \ Adam deal fell through - so Adam remains as an independent SA ISP - which is great as that's why we choose them. They have been very good for us as well.
      "Don't stare at it for too long.....you'll go mad".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12