2 more interest rate cuts this year?

Thought this might be of interest.

NAB have forecast that there will be 2 further rate cuts this year, one at the next meeting (this is on Tuesday next week) and a further cut later in the year, if correct this will bring the cash rate down to 2.25%

They also go on to say that there is a real possibility of further cuts in 2014 which will take the cash rate below 2.25%, the full article can be read here http://business.nab.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/nab-rates-call-07-2013.pdf

This of course is good news (if it happens) for mortgage borrowers especially those on variable rates.

It could also be good news for people with GBP as the Aussie dollar would likely be impacted and weaken further.

Not so good for people with high weightings of their assets in cash though.

Edited by Andrew from Vista Financial

Holiday was great thanks Kate, I really like Cairns and we actually had some great weather the early part of the week.

We went to Green Island last Friday and the weather had turned a bit overnight, the boat trip across was interesting to say the least.

We have grand visions of living out the Adelaide Winter in Cairns and having a satellite office up there!!! :idea:

Holiday was great thanks Kate, I really like Cairns and we actually had some great weather the early part of the week.

We went to Green Island last Friday and the weather had turned a bit overnight, the boat trip across was interesting to say the least.

We have grand visions of living out the Adelaide Winter in Cairns and having a satellite office up there!!! :idea:

Lol I am terrible on a boat the best of times. I haven't even managed to get out to the reef yet, manage Green island and Fitzroy though just about if I have pills.

Did you get out to see the whales? Haven't heard much about the whale sightseeing tours this year, maybe because of the weather.

Great idea about being up here for Adelaide winters. Property is cheap at the moment although going up slowly.

We usually get lots of grey nomads from Victoria at this time of year.