• Moneycorp currency Transfers
  • Results 1 to 3 of 3
    Like Tree4Likes
    • 2 Post By Naughtons
    • 1 Post By MandiMR2
    • 1 Post By shazlouD

    Thread: P85 form to claim tax back from the Uk (once you arrive in Australia)

    1. #1

      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      36 times

      P85 form to claim tax back from the Uk (once you arrive in Australia)

      I am not sure if all the new 'Poms in Adelaide' are aware of the P85 form.

      We downloaded the P85 form off the internet a couple of weeks ago, completed this (really easy to complete even if you don't have your P45) and posted this to the Inland Revenue (UK).

      This notifies the Inland Revenue that you have moved to Australia, and allows you to claim some of your tax back from the UK for the previous year. Today we received a tax rebate directly into our English account.

      The whole process only took a couple of weeks from start to finish.

      Thought I would post this as every penny helps when you move!

      MandiMR2 and coastie like this.

    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Now Melrose Park, Adelaide...was Lincoln, England
      213 times
      Cool thanku for sharing, l'm gona get onto it cheers x
      Naughtons likes this.

      "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

      ANMAC assessment submitted 2/2/12 received 19/4/12. Skilled Nominated (Permanent) subclass 190 visa applied 12/9/11 granted 2/11/12. AHPRA registration applied 18/5/13 eligibility received 12/7/13. 3 week visa validation & research visit 21/9/13. Leave one way to Adelaide 23/02/14!!!! Start new job 24/03/14!!!

    3. #3

      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      66 times
      Yes we did this too... I got tax rebate... Not sure if huband did.. A few munites to fill out a form.. Very worth while!
      Naughtons likes this.



    Similar Threads

    1. moving back to australia
      By georgiaoliviaharrison in forum Kids Down Under
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 06-03-2012, 09:44 PM
    2. Claim Back Child Care when get PR???
      By shella_n in forum Money & Finance
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 21-11-2010, 04:44 AM
    3. Fitzy From Nova back on form....
      By HEAPS GOOD !!! in forum The Barbie
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 22-08-2010, 11:51 AM
    4. Anybody claim tax back from the UK?
      By Emu in forum Money & Finance
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 24-05-2009, 09:35 AM
    5. Replies: 12
      Last Post: 11-12-2008, 09:39 AM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums