Broadband package?

candt

Hi

Maybe the wrong place to post this?

Can anyone recommend a good but cheap broadband package for the house.

Im so confused over all the charges and options. I basically just want the fastest unlimited broadband and not worried about home phone use.

:err:

Edited by candt

ADSL 2+ is what gives max 20 Mega bits per seconds and that depends on how far you are from exchange. Estimated speed can be found at http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/ by providing your home address.

Speed would be same irrespective of vendor and it all matters with the distance form exchange for ADSL 2+. I see TPG has unlimited plans with 60$ per month give it a go.

I had 3 Adam naked (no phone) internet connections for 4 years and was very happy with the service. Speed did depend upon distance from the exchange (how much copper wire the signal had to travel through). I recently changed from Adam because they didn't offer unlimited.

I signed up with TPG on my own home line to compare the speed and service before changing over the other lines. I have had an unlimited TPG internet connection for over a year and have been very pleased with speed and service. I changed the other two over 2 months ago (but I have phone lines as well).

There are other providers like Dodo but other people will have to report upon their cost, reliability and service when something goes wrong.

Greenwith has multiple ISP providers.

Do you have cable or a dish for Foxtel?

I would suggest sticking with Telstra, they are not the cheapest but Foxtel Go is unmetered with Telstra, and that is a massive bonus.

The service you receive if Cable does have to be Telstra, as they are the only cable operator in SA.

For ADSL2, you will be using the Telstra copper phone line, but they wholesale it out to the companies, like Gas and Electricity - once you have the service you can choose who supplies you.

Good luck!

The question was

Can anyone recommend a good but cheap broadband package for the house. Im so confused over all the charges and options. I basically just want the fastest unlimited broadband and not worried about home phone use. -

Stating just a plan doesn't give info about data speeds, or download amounts etc

Guest lilgal89

Good cheap unlimited broadband package was asked about and I stated my plan which has that.

What's the issue? Was it even necessary to make reference to my post?

Guest lilgal89
You have now added your plan has unlimited, which you didn't put originally.

I thought it would be obvious considering the post of any recommendations for unlimited broadband, I wouldn't make reference to a plan that doesn't have that - I put a plan that had relevance to the post.

Stop being so selective and looking for a dispute that isn't there and doesn't need to be raised.

Hi ,we are still with telstra after 10 years as we have a bundle for foxtel basic+uk tv (a must)and sports /internet adsl unlimited( slow as broadband) /home phone (we hardlly ever use apart from 10 hrs uk package)around $150 a month ,dick turpin wore a mask! my lad says check out intermode

I thought it would be obvious considering the post of any recommendations for unlimited broadband, I wouldn't make reference to a plan that doesn't have that - I put a plan that had relevance to the post.

Stop being so selective and looking for a dispute that isn't there and doesn't need to be raised.

Not sure what your problem is, relax and don't get so worked up. Or did you just get out of bed on the wrong side?

I am actually helping people on this thread.

And for the record, Optus cheapest unlimited is now $100 a month from what I can see.

Edited by adelaidenow