Those already living my dream!

Guest happy feet

Guest happy feet

Hi to all those living the dream,

Hope you can ease my worries!!!!!

My worries are the same as everyone else's, but would just like some info on wages and what is classed as a liveable wage. Having just qualified as a nurse i finally have some decent (well could be better) money to spend after 3 years as a poor student. :DMy OH earns an average wage and so i would class us as comfortable. We don't have loads of spare money, but we can afford to eat out know and again.

Having read many threads on here about money and the cost of living going up i'm getting abit scared. My intention was never to move to Oz to be better off money wise, but i also don't want to be struggling.

I'm lucky that i have a job when we get there, and i understand that one person's liveable wage is very different from another's, however i would be really greatful if some one could put my mine at ease:unsure: on roughly what would be classed as a decent yearly wage.

Hope this makes, i'm not great at getting what i want to say across;)

Thanks for any replies

Cara:notworthy:

Guest happy feet

Sorry i've just realised this is a stupid thread (haven't even been on the wine)!!! Very difficult for anyone to answer, just feeling abit scared.....

Nope its not stoopid, you know teachers love saying there is no such thing as a stupid question......

I am a nurse, I earn as a level1, yr 9 nurse about $70000, including penalty rates. Hubby is a painter and his annual income can go up and down, anywhere between $30000and $60000 depending on how much hw works. We have 3 kids, only two are at school. We run a van and my petrol guzzling car. Our two youngest attend a private school, the youngest has sax lessons, goes to scouts, has 7 dance lessons a week. The middle one has art classes weekly. We have a modest house.Yes we did buy it 10 yrs ago, but we did so on 1 wage as I was still studying nursing. We eat out sometimes, go to the cinema sometimes, go to the pub sometimes. Yes sometimes the bills can be a bit of a stretch, but we know we have chosen to spend most of our spare cash on private education. Hubby and the 2 youngest had a holiday in Uk last year, and I had a holiday with them in Melbourne for a week this summer in a posh apartment, whilst youngest attended Australian Ballet summer school. We don't buy a lot of luxuries, we buy 2nd hand cars, but I would say we live comfortably, we do have choices, the kids have been able to pursue their activities, go on scout camps etc. Life for anyone on one average wage could be hard with a full mortgage, but people still do it here. It may mean lowering your expectations for a couple of years and living how and where you can afford.