2nd Poms In Adelaide Seminar - Pension transfers, mortgages etc.

Hello all.

Following a very successful Seminar on Saturday and after such positive feedback from other members on here, I will be running a 2nd Seminar to cover:

UK Pension transfers (advantages/disadvantages)

These Seminars are small friendly groups so plently of chance to ask questions and also a good way to meet other PIA members as well.

I will be looking to run it in the next few weeks. If you feel that you would be interested in attending please reply to this thread or PM me.

Andy

Guest dave&jacky

Hi Andy we would be interested in this but i dont arrive in Adelaide till early july so maybe we can catch a later date.

Cheers Dave&Jacky

Hello all.

Thanks again for your interest in coming along to this, I now have some possible dates to run with for Junes event, which are:

Tues (eve) 24th June

Thurs (eve) 26th June

Sat 28th June @ 1pm

I will go with the majority on these dates, the evening ones will be approx 7pm if chosen.

I have had a good response from people wishing to attend and as the venue holds around 10 adults I may even consider doing two of the above dates. As mentioned it is held in Payneham.

I hope this answers your questions for now and please either PM me or reply to this post if you wish to attend and your preferred date.

Many thanks

Andy

Hi

I now have a date of Thursday 26th June for this. It will be held at approx 7pm and the venue will be 270-272 Payneham Road, Payneham.

There are still a couple of places left, so if you want to come along and find out some information on what transferring your UK Pension to OZ is all about and the up's and down's to this let me know.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andrew,

I don't know if you have included me in your numbers, I did reply to your email but haven't heard back. I will check if it is feasible to come to the Thursday session as I really want the advice, but it might be tight with OH getting back from work. I was hoping you'd plump for the Saturday!

Hi there

Can I add my twopenneth worth - we went to the last seminar that Andrew held and it was soooo worth it. We found out lots that we didn't know. Andrew dispelled a lot of myths that we had heard with regards to pension transfers and helped us make our mind up as to what to do with our pensions. There is no pressure at all.

Thanks once again Andrew:)

Lindsey

Hi Ali & Jon

Thanks for your interest in this. The date for the June Seminar is going to be on Thursday at approx 7PM, can you make this?

Failing that I have intentions of running these monthly, so the next one will be the end of July. I generally post some possible dates and run with the majority.

Feel free to contact me via PM or email to discuss.

Regards

Andy

Guest Alipally

Sorry , we are in the Midlands and getting down for the evening is a bit of a challenge in the week. let us know of the July date. thanks

A & J

Guest KandC
Hello all.

Following a very successful Seminar on Saturday and after such positive feedback from other members on here, I will be running a 2nd Seminar to cover:

UK Pension transfers (advantages/disadvantages)

These Seminars are small friendly groups so plently of chance to ask questions and also a good way to meet other PIA members as well.

I will be looking to run it in the next few weeks. If you feel that you would be interested in attending please reply to this thread or PM me.

Andy

Andrew,

How about an online seminar for those of us still in the UK and trying to get our visa. My wife and I have pensions that are paid now and need to sort things out.

Guest KandC

Andrew,

the answer is yes. I am a retired police officer and my partner (wife to be) is a BT pensioner. Obviously we want to know how to get our pensions paid to us in Australia when we get there.

With exchanges rates varying etc, we want to maximise the transfer rate.

regards,

Kris and Christine.

Chris

The Seminar is on transferring across UK Pension funds whilst in accumulation phase to Australian Superannuation funds and the implications of doing so and not doing so.

Once you have your Pension paid in the UK then you cannot transfer the fund as a whole to Australia. You will need to source companies like HiFX etc with regards to exchange rates.

Regards

Andy