Check your statements!

Just a word of warning to check your credit card statements.

Two incidents in the past few days. OH's credit card debited $76 for plumbing supplies in Beijing :shocked: and my credit card has just been debited $100 for fuel from the local servo...when I only put in $10! My car only takes about $45 fuel!

Both picked up straight away and dealt with by the banks....

It's easy to miss things so it makes sense to check those statements...

We don't use pay pass/wave, always get a receipt and check the statement, one of the most frustrating things we find is that the name of the shop is not always the name of the business and when you get the statement you see a payment to somebody in say Sydney where you have never been, even the receipt you get does not show the business name you have to compare amounts:arghh:

I check both my bank and credit card statements online almost daily - it's part of my morning routine when I get to work. I'm always seeing things on there I don't expect but it's usually my OH that has bought something and not told me. We once had a few fraudulent transactions in the UK but the bank phoned us and told us before I saw them on the statement.

Oh oh and I love pay pass - I always use it if it's available.

We don't use pay pass/wave, always get a receipt and check the statement, one of the most frustrating things we find is that the name of the shop is not always the name of the business and when you get the statement you see a payment to somebody in say Sydney where you have never been, even the receipt you get does not show the business name you have to compare amounts:arghh:

I have a Coles credit card, and when you check online, some of 'their' shops, like Kmart, instead of saying Kmart they will pick something that you bought and just put that! When I had bought a pair of baby tights and it just said 'nursery' and I'd also bought a couple of things from different plant nurseries I got quite confused. Drives me mad!

I have a Coles credit card, and when you check online, some of 'their' shops, like Kmart, instead of saying Kmart they will pick something that you bought and just put that! When I had bought a pair of baby tights and it just said 'nursery' and I'd also bought a couple of things from different plant nurseries I got quite confused. Drives me mad!

I've got a Coles card and that completely through me when I first saw it. I'm used to it now but there are still times when the description doesn't really match what I've bought and I spend ages trying to think which of the shops I've been to and what it was I actually bought.

I check our bank & credit cards every day, so hopefully I'd pick up on something if it cropped up! The Coles statement sounds confusing - worth knowing they do that though incase we ever get one.

What's pay pass by the way? Is it same as contact less?

Yes it is different banks have different names for it, pay pass, pay wave etc. Personally I we do not like it or any transaction where no pin is used, can not really see the benefit one gets from being 5 to 10 seconds faster, especially when you then use all that time and more to trawl through the statements!