Advice please

Leighbarker2374

Welcome to the forum. Just so you know your first few posts will not appear until they have been approved by a moderator. We are all in Australia so it may take us a while due to time differences sometimes but we will get there eventually :cute:.

I can't help with your question, although it was something we considered before moving over. In the end the people who owned the house we wanted to buy wanted more for the house than we were prepared to pay, but I'm now glad that happened because I didn't like the house nearly as much in person as I did from the pictures. The pictures were a good representation and my brother in law had viewed the house and gave good feedback but the house just didn't feel right when we actually saw it. Unless you have actually been in the house you want to buy, or are buying a brand new house off the plan, I would wait until you are here even if you can get a mortgage from overseas.

Thanks, Can you advise if you know how long it takes for a Mortgage to be approved??? We hope to be able to purchase a property with a small Australian Mortgage.

Hi Leigh

This would depend on your personal circumstances and ability to service the loan.

It has been possible in cases to secure finance once employment has been secured and pay has been received but as said will depend on individual circumstances ie type of employment contract and role and previous employment role as well as things like size of deposit etc. Having a large deposit will most certainly work in your favour.

Regards'

Andy